Ukraine

justBLAZE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
I watched the Rachel Maddow clip. She didn't say Bush is the reason Putin invaded Ukraine.

She was talking how we treat situations like this since the Bush foreign policy.

Ah well this much is true. That Iraq debacle still leaves a bitter taste in a lot of people's mouths.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
I watched the Rachel Maddow clip. She didn't say Bush is the reason Putin invaded Ukraine.

She was talking how we treat situations like this since the Bush foreign policy.

That is an incredible stretch. Even looking at BushCo's foreign policy in the worst possible light, I fail to see a connection.

I'll stick with what I said, if we ignored some of these talking heads, we'd all be better off.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
That is an incredible stretch. Even looking at BushCo's foreign policy in the worst possible light, I fail to see a connection.

I'll stick with what I said, if we ignored some of these talking heads, we'd all be better off.

Wow, you're 100% right, I completely fail to see a connection too...except perhaps in a different sense. Considering she was asked a question about her work on Iraq and answered about Iraq, it is definitely an incredible stretch to reach the point of saying "Maddow blames Bush for Crimea".

It's also impressive how few of the "Maddow blames Bush for Russia" articles actually include either the video or the quote.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2937662:date=Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:30 PM:name=NorthSideSox72)-->
<!--quotec-->That is an incredible stretch. Even looking at BushCo's foreign policy in the worst possible light, I fail to see a connection.

Wow, you're 100% right, I completely fail to see a connection too...except perhaps in a different sense. Considering she was asked a question about her work on Iraq and answered about Iraq, it is definitely an incredible stretch to reach the point of saying "Maddow blames Bush for Crimea".

It's also impressive how few of the "Maddow blames Bush for Russia" articles actually include either the video or the quote.

#foxnews OP

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2937662:date=Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:30 PM:name=NorthSideSox72)-->
<!--quotec-->That is an incredible stretch. Even looking at BushCo's foreign policy in the worst possible light, I fail to see a connection.

The decisions of our generation on national security are determined more than anything by what the George W. Bush administration did.

That is her line. That says what we do is all because of Bush.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
The decisions of our generation on national security are determined more than anything by what the George W. Bush administration did.

That is her line. That says what we do is all because of Bush.

As it is for most men.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 11:16 AM)
RT news anchor criticizes Kremlin, Kremlin sends her to Crimea.

Another anchor resigned live on air

RT or Russia Today is a modern Pravda, the media arm of the Russian government.

I thought that was great...they say there will be no reprimands of any sort...then the next paragraph says "and we are sending her to the epicenter so she can learn about the issue" :)

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
Crimean MPs vote to become part of Russia, referendum to be held in 10 days.

http://www.euronews.com/2014/03/06/crimean...part-of-russia/

Worth adding that there is no option for "no I don't want to join russia" on the referendum ballot I saw, it's either "join now" or "join later".

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
That's not exactly what I heard. The story on the radio said the options would be either become part of Russia, or remain part of Ukraine but with greater autonomy. I'm not exactly sure what the greater autonomy would mean, though.

The translation I saw

Do you support joining Crimea with the Russian Federation as a subject of Russian Federation?

And:

Do you support restoration of 1992 Crimean Constitution and Crimea’s status as a part of Ukraine?

(That Constitution declares that Crimea is an independent state.)

According to wiki, under the 1992 constitution Crimea was still part of Ukraine. There was a new constitution ratified in 1998 and I don't know what the differences are, but Crimea has been an autonomous republic with its own government since 1992. The second option is a reestablishment of the 1990's structure, so I don't really see it as a "join later" option unless the 1992 Constitution gives Crimea the right to declare independence from Ukraine or something.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 05:36 PM)
Being a liberal news commentator =/= Limbaugh or even O'Reilly-esque trolling

What exactly does =/= mean, not even a Google search returns anything on this.

If you were looking for "does not equal", that's != in Internets vernacular, and mathematically, I think you were searching for ≠.

What you wrote is "equal divided by equal", which means nothing.

And as for your point, that depends on which side of the isle you stand on. Limbaugh fans probably don't see him as a troll, they see him as telling the truth no matter how much we agree they're misguided. And for the record, I've never once listened to Limbaugh, and I find them all bad, including the likes of Maddow and that other idiot that was fired 50 times.

Edited by Y2HH