High School basketball thread

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)
AD and school admin

Oliver didn't fill out the ISP forms. Stamps bros couldn't get a simple 2.0 GPA. It's a combination of everyone's fault.

I know people are sour on Cliff but just covering HS sports, he's the most explosive big man I've seen on the prep level and a blast to watch. Probably won't see someone like him anytime soon.

Lots of upsets. Larkin was the favorite in their sectional. The coach sat their star guard as punishment for something and they lost by 1. Oak Park RIver Forest gone as well. If Young loses, may as well give Stevenson the 4A trophy.

The way the past few days have gone, Warren should win fri though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 07:10 AM)
Oliver didn't fill out the ISP forms. Stamps bros couldn't get a simple 2.0 GPA. It's a combination of everyone's fault.

I know people are sour on Cliff but just covering HS sports, he's the most explosive big man I've seen on the prep level and a blast to watch. Probably won't see someone like him anytime soon.

Lots of upsets. Larkin was the favorite in their sectional. The coach sat their star guard as punishment for something and they lost by 1. Oak Park RIver Forest gone as well. If Young loses, may as well give Stevenson the 4A trophy.

From what I heard on the radio yesterday, that is completely on the AD. They mentioned something like Oliver isnt a teacher, only a coach, so he isnt backed by the teachers union, and therefore not able to be in a position to make decisions on any academics(ie. fill out those forms)

Mully and Hanley had a HS beat writer on yesterday, I caught bits and pieces of it.

There are so many conspiracy theories behind the story, I can't even type them up. Some I kinda believe because of names thrown around. CPL is even dirtier than I thought. Grudges between adults. Kinda pathetic.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 07:10 AM)

Gotta take you guys out so I can go on Tuesday.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 07:25 AM)
There are so many conspiracy theories behind the story, I can't even type them up. Some I kinda believe because of names thrown around. CPL is even dirtier than I thought. Grudges between adults. Kinda pathetic.

it 100 percent started out as a grudge, which is a shame. I have a feeling the whistleblower will be outed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 07:29 AM)
it 100 percent started out as a grudge, which is a shame. I have a feeling the whistleblower will be outed.

Not that surprising. Lots of dirty politics.

At least Cliff can start making the real money

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 08:57 AM)
If it turned out to be John Groce himself I would laugh.

Rumors is it was a Curie parent whose kid wasn't playing.

My favorite theory is there is a relative of another CPS coach that works at CPS office and when the Curie forms got faxed in, they just tossed them in the garbage and placed the call.

Robert Smith on twitter defending coaches and admins and putting blame on parents. Wonder if he knows something.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
Brian, can you give me my yearly update on how New Trier is doing? I saw they're playing GBS in the regional final.

That Maine South sectional is awful and the CSL was down. They have some good juniors but im shocked they're 20-9. They lost to Waukegan, who is an awful mess this season.

I think their record is more of a product of their schedule. They got rolled by Stevenson at Proviso W. Think it was 31-2 at one point.

They should win Fri but than lose to Loyola next week. They'll be formidable next year.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
Excellent attempt at elaborating on your one word response, refuting in any way what I posted, and continuing the discussion.

Ok, let me spell it out for you, it's complicated.

One can't help but look at what happened to Cliff losing and think about Karma.

No one said anything about kids. But if they didn't qualify, then whatever. We don't know the story. Anyway, they lost the game on the court to a lesser team, so in that sense they did deserve it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 09:31 AM)
Ok, let me spell it out for you, it's complicated.

One can't help but look at what happened to Cliff losing and think about Karma.

No one said anything about kids. But if they didn't qualify, then whatever. We don't know the story. Anyway, they lost the game on the court to a lesser team, so in that sense they did deserve it.

LMAO karma over the hat thing?! I had all but forgotten about that along with the childish bitterness and hate that illini fans hold in their hearts over something so dumb...

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
LMAO karma over the hat thing?! I had all but forgotten about that along with the childish bitterness and hate that illini fans hold in their hearts over something so dumb...

Again, what goes around comes around. So this definitely got a chuckle, whether you like it or not.

Don't have to have "bitterness" or "hate" as I have neither. Can still laugh about it, though.