Big 12 Tournament.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)
Let's see if ISU's bigs are more effective down low without Embiid. Clones are top 10 in the country in 2P%, so Ellis and Black will have more to do. ISU's got to actually hit their threes for once, and hopefully ISU can keep Perry Ellis and his receding hairline from doing too much damage.

I was pretty close here, except for the whole Perry Ellis thing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 15, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
That was awesome, really great effort from two team who clearly don't like each other.

Fun game at a fun pace.

We'll never be Missouri to Kansas, but it'll be fun to see a rivalry develop.

Be careful...when Iowa State gets too trendy (see Eustachy/Fizer/Tinsley teams), that's when the upset can come up and bite you.

Although Cyclones fans should be flying sky high right now...the only concern they would have is losing Hoiberg, and that's hard to imagine with his entire family in that area, his 10 year $20 million extension, his ability to recruit competitively on a national basis despite being in Iowa, everything's going in a positive direction at the moment.

Then again, I never thought Brad Stephens would end up in the NBA, so anything's possible, especially with Hoiberg's NBA pedigree and a bit of front office experience as well.

Was hoping and praying Iowa would get a shot at Alford's UCLA team for the first round upset, but that's not going to happen with UCLA moving up to a 4-5 seed now in all likelihood.

Edited by caulfield12

I could easily see ISU losing their first game, but I don't think it'll happen.

Iowa State has one of the best coaches in the country, and it'll be interesting to see what matchup they get. But what a run. Three on the all-tourney team. Finally took down Kansas.

output_bzleaR.gif