Midwest Region

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Remember when Wichita State had the hardest bracket in the history of the world? That's why you worry about the one team in front of you and let the rest of the bracket play out.

Michigan has a red carpet.

My work bracket had Duke winning it. Whoops

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Remember when Wichita State had the hardest bracket in the history of the world? That's why you worry about the one team in front of you and let the rest of the bracket play out.

It's their road to the e8, their e8 matchup would have been fine either way.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 04:26 PM)
Pomeroy loves them.

Yep, which is why I put more stock into his rankings this year than any other :P . But seriously, no one else was giving us any respect all year (though we probably deserved it without our inconsistent play at times), so I've appreciated Pomeroy having our back.

Calipari, Billy Donovan, Alford...those are the smug guys you love to see lose. Calipari is like Nick Saban or Belicheck to me.

A lot would include Roy Williams and Self on that list, along with Boeheim.

For what it's worth, I hope Wichita State crushes them just to show that getting all those one and done players almost never works out anymore in terms of building a cohesive, team-first type of program.

I never hated Pitino as much because of all the personal issues that he's gone through...and I really enjoy watching teams that have a well-coached pressing style and outwork/outhustle their opponents.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
Calipari, Billy Donovan, Alford...those are the smug guys you love to see lose. Calipari is like Nick Saban or Belicheck to me.

A lot would include Roy Williams and Self on that list, along with Boeheim.

For what it's worth, I hope Wichita State crushes them just to show that getting all those one and done players almost never works out anymore in terms of building a cohesive, team-first type of program.

I never hated Pitino as much because of all the personal issues that he's gone through...and I really enjoy watching teams that have a well-coached pressing style and outwork/outhustle their opponents.

No way is Donovan anywhere near the class of Calipari or Alford. Boeheim is an asshole too. I don't have anything against Self, never struck me as a bad guy.

You also forget Coach K, one of the biggest pricks on the planet.

Michigan looking dominant.

30-12 lead for the Wolverines. Amazing how good this team would be with Burke and McGary.

Some would pick Matta or Izzo, but Beilein has to be considered the best coach in the league now. Someone else might argue that Bo Ryan gets the most out of his talent. Then you have Miles and Pitino, with Collins getting lots of respect for his job with NU, maybe too much. Matt Painter looked like a future coaching star and he's a year away from losing his job. Same with Crean.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
Michigan looking dominant.

30-12 lead for the Wolverines. Amazing how good this team would be with Burke and McGary.

Some would pick Matta or Izzo, but Beilein has to be considered the best coach in the league now. Someone else might argue that Bo Ryan gets the most out of his talent. Then you have Miles and Pitino, with Collins getting lots of respect for his job with NU, maybe too much. Matt Painter looked like a future coaching star and he's a year away from losing his job. Same with Crean.

No, MOSt would pick Matta or Izzo. Matta has dominated the league since he joined. Most conf titles and tourney titles.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)
Right now, if I wanted to win one game or one tourney though...I'd pick Beilein over Izzo. By a nose.

You'd pick the guy who hasn't won a conference tourney? Ok.

I'm guessing you haven't actually looked up the coaches resumes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
You'd pick the guy who hasn't won a conference tourney? Ok.

I'm guessing you haven't actually looked up the coaches resumes.

Yes, I know about the past. If you went by that, you'd pick Izzo, then Matta.

I'm just talking about NOW...the past couple of years. And also how Beilein maximized all of the talent at West Virginia.

For awhile, it looked like Matta was going to consistently bring in Conley/Oden type of talent...like Calipari. His recruiting has fallen off just a bit.

And sure, Matta did the same thing at Butler...then Lickliter succeeded with his players.