East Region

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 09:19 PM)
I wonder what big time job Amaker ends up at, done a great job there

He's going to have to think long and hard THIS time, instead of jumping around too quickly like he did with Seton Hall and then Michigan.

It's amazing if you go back just ten years....I was thinking of all the "hot" coaches and where they've gone. Gary Waters, Quin Snyder, Paul Hewitt, Bruce Weber, Chris Lowery, Matt Doherty, Mike Davis, Billy Gillispie (well, a bit more recent), Jim O'Brien, Stan Heath, Larry Eustachy, Buzz Peterson, Ernie Kent, etc.

BC and Marquette are two openings, and I think Wake Forest?

Indiana has a good shot at being open after next year. I wonder if they would finally go after Alford? He's probably content to stay in LA at this point, especially after he became a bit toxic at Iowa.

Shaka Smart and Mark Few stayed put. Stevens left Butler.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Comes from a great coaching tree, elite coach brother, rebuilt small school into a sweet sixteen team.

Lots there.

The great coaching tree and brother don't mean anything, plenty of coaches have come from elite coaching trees and have sucked. And it's not like he inherited a train wreck program, they were either in the tourney or NIT for 4 straight years(NIT for 3 years) when he got them. He had a nice but not spectacular season this year and has happened to win 2 straight close games in the tourney. If I'm an elite school I'm not investing my program in him when he really hasn't proven anything yet.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
The great coaching tree and brother don't mean anything, plenty of coaches have come from elite coaching trees and have sucked. And it's not like he inherited a train wreck program, they were either in the tourney or NIT for 4 straight years(NIT for 3 years) when he got them. He had a nice but not spectacular season this year and has happened to win 2 straight close games in the tourney. If I'm an elite school I'm not investing my program in him when he really hasn't proven anything yet.

Elite schools don't have openings, but big schools do. And they would hire a guy like Miller in a heartbeat.

And the coaching pedigree matters quite a bit actually. It's what got him the head job at Dayton in the first place.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
He is solid, but any pg is going to torch UNC for 30+ points. Time for Ol Roy to hang it up.

It's not just this game, he's done it most of the year.

UNC would be decent if they had any shooting beyond Paige. The next recruiting class should help there (well, at least Jackson).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
It's not just this game, he's done it most of the year.

UNC would be decent if they had any shooting beyond Paige. The next recruiting class should help there.

Yep, should finally be enough talent to overcome Roys coaching again.

Good luck the rest of the way Heads.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 06:42 PM)
I know his stock gets dinged because he's ancient, but I would LOVE to use a late pick on Kane.

His shot has improved DRAMATICALLY since even the beginning of the year.

Sometimes his drive into the lane and get assaulted act gets tired, but, goddamn, he's a winner.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Yep, should finally be enough talent to overcome Roys coaching again.

Good luck the rest of the way Heads.

I'm surprised UNC didn't try to go down low even much more than it did.