South Region

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, two terrible shots by Ennis to end the game.

1) Why would you settle for a mid-range jumper when you weren't really even open?

2) Why go for a long 3 when you had more than enough time to drive in a 2 point game?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)

1) Why would you settle for a mid-range jumper when you weren't really even open?

2) Why go for a long 3 when you had more than enough time to drive in a 2 point game?

There was zero chance he was ever passing the ball on either play.

I don't understand all the love for Ennis, either. In terms of pro ability, Grant and Fair are probably the guys.

His poor shooting/shot selection was the reason they were behind for most of the 2nd half.

In the end, I don't think they made a single three pointer and Dayton had 6-7.

He's effective at driving the ball to the hoop and getting fouled...but he's not a standstill jump shooter.

The announcers said the defense was hedging to force him to shoot from the outside late, daring him.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)

No one could keep the kid in front of him. At that point in the game it isn't like you need to take a jumper to make them respect that you will to keep the drive option open. Go To The Hole.

Wiggins has been a complete non factor in this game.

As a guy who doesn't follow the regular season and has heard all about this draft class I've been fairly disappointed with what I've seen so far. I was expecting guys like Parker and Wiggins to dominate.

You can throw Ennis in there as well though, he's not as highly touted as the other 2.

I know it's very short sighted to say these guys aren't any good, and that's not what I'm saying, but still.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
Well if you haven't seen a single regular season game then yes it's short sighted. Wiggins was their leading scorer last game. So judging players by one game in the NCAA tournament is pretty bad.

Precisely why I added those points (haven't watched em/very short sighted)....I don't question that they're still big time talents, I was just hoping to see these uber talents go off on the biggest stage. Disappointed to see both of them gone.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
Precisely why I added those points (haven't watched em/very short sighted)....I don't question that they're still big time talents, I was just hoping to see these uber talents go off on the biggest stage. Disappointed to see both of them gone.

Parker is arguably the best freshman that has ever suited up for Duke. Wiggins is an extreme talent. Unfortunately for us the tourney is a fickle thing and any team can lose at any time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
I want to know why Frankamp barely played in the 2nd half, he was the only who could hit a jumper for them. Odd.

It was an oddly coached game. Against the zone they could have either tried to shoot them out of it or they could have overloaded them inside. They did neither.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
Parker is arguably the best freshman that has ever suited up for Duke. Wiggins is an extreme talent. Unfortunately for us the tourney is a fickle thing and any team can lose at any time.

Jason Williams. Grant Hill. Christian Laettner. Danny Ferry. Bobby Hurley.

Nice job of contenting the final 3.

Dawkins' first NCAA appearance in six years. NIT title two years ago. Patience paid off. First Sweet 16 since the Mike Montgomery days.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
Jason Williams. Grant Hill. Christian Laettner. Danny Ferry. Bobby Hurley.

Nice job of contenting the final 3.

Dawkins' first NCAA appearance in six years. NIT title two years ago. Patience paid off. First Sweet 16 since the Mike Montgomery days.

Are you trying to say they were all better as freshman?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
Are you trying to say they were all better as freshman?

Yeah, most of Duke's players weren't stellar as freshmen. The best besides Parker are probably Jay Williams (14.5-4-6.5 but middling percentages and 4+ turnovers), Brand (about 14-8, might have been better if he hadn't broken his foot), Deng (15-7, 48% shooting) and Irving (17-3-4 on 53% shooting, but missed a good chunk of the year).