Final Four

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson had the game in his hands with the free throw and 15 footer and didn't come through.

Would have liked to have seen Kaminsky touch the ball there instead...don't care at all about the final game. Guess I'll be cheering against Calipari, but it is what it is.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)
What a great job by the selection committee. A #7 and a #8 seed in the national championship.

That said, this Kentucky team is a lot of fun to watch and I hope they win it on Monday.

You clearly don't understand the concept of seeding.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:05 PM)
I felt Kentucky was given a bad seed at the beginning. They gave UMass a #6 seed in that region.

Given what they did in the regular season, they didn't deserve that much higher of a seed. They still needed late second magic to beat four of the best teams in the tourney. It's not about seeding, it's about momentum and luck.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
You clearly don't understand the concept of seeding.

Then please educate me on it.

This national championship is the lowest combined seeding since the bracket started in 1979.

I realize the selection committee can only have so much to go off of, but having a #7 and #8 in the final means they probably didn't do the best evaluation of the field.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:11 PM)
Given what they did in the regular season, they didn't deserve that much higher of a seed. They still needed late second magic to beat four of the best teams in the tourney. It's not about seeding, it's about momentum and luck.

They also have a ton of talent.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
Then please educate me on it.

This national championship is the lowest combined seeding since the bracket started in 1979.

I realize the selection committee can only have so much to go off of, but having a #7 and #8 in the final means they probably didn't do the best evaluation of the field.

They're not seeding based on what they think is going to happen, they're seeding on what has happened. Kentucky's regular season was extremely average and they absolutely belonged where they got seeded.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
They also have a ton of talent.

If you only seeded on talent. Wisconsin wouldn't have been a #2. Kentucky under achieved all year, and now they are stepping up to the plate, while they keep getting all the luck, it doesn't make their seeding wrong.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:20 PM)
They're not seeding based on what they think is going to happen, they're seeding on what has happened. Kentucky's regular season was extremely average and they absolutely belonged where they got seeded.

I feel as if the seeding has way too much correlation to RPI, which has its flaws (way too much emphasis on SOS).

Louisville was ranked highly via BPI, coaches pools, etc., but they were ranked #19 in RPI. There's no other reason why they were a #4 seed.

Kentucky was #12 in BPI, #17 in Kenpom (UConn was #25).

I think that the methods the committee uses are too old fashioned and not descriptive enough.

Edited by chw42

Kentucky six weeks before the end of the regular season looked like there was a 50/50 chance they wouldn't even make the tourney again.

They came together, finally.

After all, they were preseason #1, so they ended up #1 when it most counted as well. If you don't reflect the entire season's results, then why even have a regular season or pre-season, why not skip all the way to the NCAA's?

Kentucky has been very fortunate, so far, but if you went through every championship team's six game run over the last twenty years or so, there's probably only a couple that weren't on the verge of getting knocked out in the first three.

I think Wisconsin wins the game if the one guy hit the three free throws, do u? Wisky would have been up by three with :12 left and could have fouled. I think Wisky had it had he just made all 3.

Unlucky for him there was a LONG delay before his first free throw. TOO MANY FRICKING DELAYS.