Final Four

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 01:10 PM)
From what I understand, he wasn't part of the story. You're wrong on this one. Dan hates people that deserve hating I.e. going to town on Penn st etc. Hes also hinted at other stories, but again, from what he says it didn't have to do with him. Hes connected and in the media, but take stupid shots all you want.

Hes also FAR from the only person that has said or heard bad things about him.

Come on man, Dan's an asshole, especially to his own audience. I've listened to the guy off and on for 2-3 years now and he's just getting worse.

Give me more examples then. You listen to Chris Collins, Grant Hill, Loul Deng, Laettner, anyone at ESPN, etc. and it's nothing but candy and roses about Coach K and the program. So far I've heard of one negative opinion from a blowhard on the radio. The lack of evidence tends to indicate the lack of an issue. But if you have more examples or can find some more verified examples I'm open to being wrong here. I hate Duke and I don't really care for Coach K (more so because of jealousy for how good Duke has been and how he comes into Chicago and takes talent out of state). I'd be more than happy to s*** on them if it's warranted.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
While we're on the subject of coaches from the state of Kentucky who are jerks, I have a friend who is a charter pilot and once flew Rick Pitino. After the flight, within earshot of my friend, he said, "Don't give me that pilot anymore, I want somebody old enough to shave."

Why is that being a jerk? Maybe he has a fear of flying? If i'm having surgery and a 30 year old doctor walked in to the room, i'd be saying the same thing. Give me someone old and seasoned, not new and green if my life is at risk.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
While we're on the subject of coaches from the state of Kentucky who are jerks, I have a friend who is a charter pilot and once flew Rick Pitino. After the flight, within earshot of my friend, he said, "Don't give me that pilot anymore, I want somebody old enough to shave."

That's because he was worried the young pilot would steal some of his b****es.

Why is that being a jerk? Maybe he has a fear of flying? If i'm having surgery and a 30 year old doctor walked in to the room, i'd be saying the same thing. Give me someone old and seasoned, not new and green if my life is at risk.

Fine, then phrase your concerns differently, and don't say it right in front of the guy.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
Come on man, Dan's an asshole, especially to his own audience. I've listened to the guy off and on for 2-3 years now and he's just getting worse.

Give me more examples then. You listen to Chris Collins, Grant Hill, Loul Deng, Laettner, anyone at ESPN, etc. and it's nothing but candy and roses about Coach K and the program. So far I've heard of one negative opinion from a blowhard on the radio. The lack of evidence tends to indicate the lack of an issue. But if you have more examples or can find some more verified examples I'm open to being wrong here. I hate Duke and I don't really care for Coach K (more so because of jealousy for how good Duke has been and how he comes into Chicago and takes talent out of state). I'd be more than happy to s*** on them if it's warranted.

The greatest basketball players in Duke history have nothing bad to say about Coach K. Neither does the world's largest sports network that has made millions off of Duke's players. He must be an angel.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)

Haha really? It's a different situation obviously but nobody ever said a bad thing about Paterno either. It's that emperor mentality.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
Haha really? It's a different situation obviously but nobody ever said a bad thing about Paterno either. It's that emperor mentality.

JoPa could barely stand the last ten years, let alone rule Penn St. like an emperor.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 04:27 PM)
JoPa could barely stand the last ten years, let alone rule Penn St. like an emperor.

Oh but he did. Look at how bad the brainwashing still is there. He and his wife built a wall around PSU and Happy Valley.

Coach K is apparently very similar. I mean they named a court after an active coach, he OWNS that town and that university. If he came in and requested class schedules be written on a piece of bologna and given to student I bet they would seriously think about passing it.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
Oh but he did. Look at how bad the brainwashing still is there. He and his wife built a wall around PSU and Happy Valley.

Coach K is apparently very similar. I mean they named a court after an active coach, he OWNS that town and that university. If he came in and requested class schedules be written on a piece of bologna and given to student I bet they would seriously think about passing it.

When you run a successful sports program for decades in a "small" university town, you're going to be treated that way. It happens everywhere. I don't think that means that you're automatically an asshole, swinging your dick around to get what you want.