The Official 2014 Opening Day thread

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 4m

Ventura said Konerko might get Opening Day start at DH over Dunn because it will be his last one. "It's a possibility,'' he said.

Well Greg will be happy.

I predicted this a month ago. To me, it was obvious.

I'd rather see Konerko get a nice intro when they line up, and then pinch hit when the Sox are up 10-2 in the 8th. If he came back to be a Ploach, he should sit on opening day. BUt I guess they don't have to worry about Dunn's feelings in his last season.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 03:29 PM)
I'd rather see Konerko get a nice intro when they line up, and then pinch hit when the Sox are up 10-2 in the 8th. If he came back to be a Ploach, he should sit on opening day. BUt I guess they don't have to worry about Dunn's feelings in his last season.

I'd bet money if you asked Adam Dunn, he would tell Robin Ventura to start Paul Konerko.

I requested off work a while back. Now just gotta stock up on the essentials: beer, dogs, peanuts, popcorn, cracker jacks, sunflower seeds, cotton candy and big league chew. Think I didn't miss anything, that's been my Opening Day shopping list the past few years.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
I requested off work a while back. Now just gotta stock up on the essentials: beer, dogs, peanuts, popcorn, cracker jacks, sunflower seeds, cotton candy and big league chew. Think I didn't miss anything, that's been my Opening Day shopping list the past few years.

Same here. I'm hoping someone comes through with tickets, otherwise I'll probably have to take some sleeping pills the night before to force me to sleep. Usually I can't fall asleep because I am so excited. It's the equivalent of Christmas morning when I was a kid.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 4m

Ventura said Konerko might get Opening Day start at DH over Dunn because it will be his last one. "It's a possibility,'' he said.

Well Greg will be happy.

As long as Abreu is in the lineup, who cares.

QUOTE (Grindersrule @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
Flying in from Hawaii for first couple of games. Looking forward to a fun season. Go SOX!

What island? I'd been living on Kauai and Oahu for the past year before having a baby... That brought about a move back near family. :)

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
Assuming Davidson supplants Conor, it comes down to this for me:

There are three positions heading into '15 where we can put some lefty power, LF/CF if moving AE to LF, C, and DH. Two of those three will ideally be occupied by a LHH or SH with some pop.

Thats why I'm a firm believer we go after Rasmus for CF this offseason or Despainge if he defects defects. Both fit our age and competivness curve. As for C I still think Hahn will eventually make push for Grandal. As for DH if Dayan perfoms this year we're in good shape if not and we start out semi hot I would love to see the sox pursue Morales.

It would be kinda funny if the sox continued to foster a very pro cuban lineup with the possible inclusions of despainge, grandal and morales.