3/28 at Birmingham

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 01:55 PM)
Final roster moves after the game.

Dig. Hoping for Johnson over Garcia. Probably not the best idea for his development but hey, I'm a greedy speed prospect whore like that.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 04:57 PM)
Dig. Hoping for Johnson over Garcia. Probably not the best idea for his development but hey, I'm a greedy speed prospect whore like that.

That would be horrible for his development. I'm already worried for Semien, as Merkin wrote in an article the other day that Marcus will likely be the reserve infielder when Beckham comes back. Both Micah & Marcus need regular at-bats, and quite frankly Johnson shouldn't be getting those above AA. And I say that as a huge Micah Johnson fan.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
If they bench Semien in favor of Suckham, I'm going to aire my grievances publicly. I'll tell you that.

We've seen it with Axelrod over Santiago...sticking with Dunn through thick and thin...might as well add Beckham to the players fans are fed up with.

That said, they would be crazy to leave him on the bench when he's the long-term solution at either 2B/SS. He might be the BEST option, in terms of playing all three infield positions, RIGHT NOW, but that doesn't mean it would be good for the future of the White Sox even if Semien gives us the stronger roster in April.

Let Leury Garcia fill that role, or Carlos Sanchez. Or Keppinger, when he comes back.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
If they bench Semien in favor of Suckham, I'm going to aire my grievances publicly. I'll tell you that.

You better start typing up your statement now so that it can be proof read and edited and ready to go. Unless Beckham is traded, it's gonna happen

Hawk in the booth...still saying Semien won two league MVPs last year. Not true.

Maybe he's thinking about Semien winning the league MVP and Micah Johnson winning the postseason MVP.

Hawk is an idiot, and somebody should have corrected him on that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 06:11 PM)
De Aza has looked great this spring. If I had the choice of De Aza or Viciedo for 145 games this season, I'd take De Aza. Maybe not for the next 5 years, but for 2014.

De Aza is a much better baseball player. Likely has more trade value, too.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
De Aza is a much better baseball player. Likely has more trade value, too.

Gotta think they're shopping him aggressively

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 07:26 PM)
God I hope so. I don't want De Aza anywhere near this team.

If the mental mistakes are behind him...and he's more comfortable in LF...then suddenly you have a guy whose OPS and decent speed is welcome on this team. 2-something WAR players sadly are hard to come by for CWS.

Edited by Jose Paniagua