3/28 at Birmingham

flavum

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 02:27 AM)
If the mental mistakes are behind him...and he's more comfortable in LF...then suddenly you have a guy whose OPS and decent speed is welcome on this team. 2-something WAR players sadly are hard to come by for CWS.

I kind of liked DeAza's many 2-for-5s last year. Hated all the miscues we've talked about to death. I'd trade Viciedo now for a No. 2, 3 starter and keep DeAza.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
De Aza is a much better baseball player. Likely has more trade value, too.

He does, but the teams interested in him have nothing to give or don't want to (like the Twins).

We need some fat teams interested in him.

If he has a good 2 months, this should open up. No hurry.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
I kind of liked DeAza's many 2-for-5s last year. Hated all the miscues we've talked about to death. I'd trade Viciedo now for a No. 2, 3 starter and keep DeAza.

Try the equivalent of Chris Beck, if we're lucky, from another organization.

No way we can get a major league 2/3 guy at this point for Dayan. Same goes for DeAza, for that matter.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
That would be horrible for his development. I'm already worried for Semien, as Merkin wrote in an article the other day that Marcus will likely be the reserve infielder when Beckham comes back. Both Micah & Marcus need regular at-bats, and quite frankly Johnson shouldn't be getting those above AA. And I say that as a huge Micah Johnson fan.

Hence the reason I said: "Probably not the best idea for his development but hey, I'm a greedy speed prospect whore like that."

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
Hawk in the booth...still saying Semien won two league MVPs last year. Not true.

Maybe he's thinking about Semien winning the league MVP and Micah Johnson winning the postseason MVP.

Hawk is an idiot, and somebody should have corrected him on that.

Hawk doesn/t sound well at all. Medically, that is.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
Hawk doesn/t sound well at all. Medically, that is.

He sais one very odd thing. He complained that last year's team was the worst defensively he has ever seen . But his biggest complaint was their attitude towards playing D. This year, he said, with the changes Hahn made, there is a new and improved attitude. But then he went on to say that a poor attitude would not have happened under KW either. So who were these players and if Hahn or Williams isn't to blame is he complaining about Robin allowing it.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
He sais one very odd thing. He complained that last year's team was the worst defensively he has ever seen . But his biggest complaint was their attitude towards playing D. This year, he said, with the changes Hahn made, there is a new and improved attitude. But then he went on to say that a poor attitude would not have happened under KW either. So who were these players and if Hahn or Williams isn't to blame is he complaining about Robin allowing it.

Last year he also started off the year being very complimentary towards the team's attitude. "not a butthole on the team" is a direct quote.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
Last year he also started off the year being very complimentary towards the team's attitude. "not a butthole on the team" is a direct quote.

Sometimes a team full of non-buttholes can be a team that isn't approaching things seriously