Attendance

Buehrle>Wood

I went to the game last night since I found good seats on sale in section 149, row AA for $28 apiece. It was nice out and Sale was on the mound. It was definitely disappointing to see the sparse crowd, but I hope that it gets better as the season goes on. Someone has to pay for Adam Dunn's ridiculous salary and watch Abreu whack the ball.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little off topic but pretty annoyed if the attendance was in the 27k range and we got into the ballpark 30 minutes before game time it's complete bulls*** that they had blankets for the first 20k fans but were out when we got there. Which is fine but next time say you only have 15 or whatever the true amount was.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 05:33 PM)
It was Girl Scout Day. I think that helped pad the figures.but it was surprisingly crowded at the park today.

I was very confused when there were no empty seats in the outfield or corners by the foul poles. Nice showing Sox fans.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 08:33 AM)
Little off topic but pretty annoyed if the attendance was in the 27k range and we got into the ballpark 30 minutes before game time it's complete bulls*** that they had blankets for the first 20k fans but were out when we got there. Which is fine but next time say you only have 15 or whatever the true amount was.

There were huge lines early. I think a lot of people wanted to make sure they got their blanket. Plus they have them to everyone, even the little kids.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)

We entered as game started in RF and got some. Sometimes that stop handing out but you just need to ask.

As far as other stadiums that keep people out of the rest of the stadium, I sat in the bleachers at New Yankee Stadium in 2009 and did not have access to the lower levels or rest of the park. They literally had giant cage like doors denying access from the bleacher section. Would have been cool to see the rest of the park, but whatever. Me and my buddies got kicked out of the park for heckling Rios when he was still a Blue Jay right before Mo came on to pitch the 9th, that kinda sucked.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
As far as other stadiums that keep people out of the rest of the stadium, I sat in the bleachers at New Yankee Stadium in 2009 and did not have access to the lower levels or rest of the park. They literally had giant cage like doors denying access from the bleacher section. Would have been cool to see the rest of the park, but whatever. Me and my buddies got kicked out of the park for heckling Rios when he was still a Blue Jay right before Mo came on to pitch the 9th, that kinda sucked.

I remember at Wrigley back in the 50s and 60s management denying access to the grandstand area from the bleachers. There was an Andy Frain usher who was seated right by the right field foul pole and he sat under an umbrella. In left field there was an usher that denied you access but unlike right field there was a ramp that went down to field level behind the wall by the foul pole.

At old Comiskey if IRRC if you sat in the bleachers that's were you sat the whole game also but I would not bet on it because I only sat in Comiskey's bleachers one time.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)

I also went to Yankee Stadium in 2009. My friends and I sat in the upper deck. We did the whole Monument Park/museum thing right when the gates opened, and were also able to roam the park before the game started. Because we were leaving right from the stadium to come back home to Chicago, we watched the last inning or so from the center field bleachers. No problems whatsoever.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 05:33 PM)
Is the 100 level policy in effect this year? I went to the game on Friday and they didn't check our tickets to the 100 level.

They didn't check for me either, on Friday...

But they were definitely policing on Saturday, and the UD tickets still say "upper level only" on them.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 08:33 AM)

The announced attendance was 27k. And when you factor in comps, it was closer to 30-32k. So not really bulls*** at all.

I got to the park around 12, and gate 2 was almost out of blankets, but gate 3 had them until closer to first pitch. Believe it or not, they have a system for making sure certain gates have enough.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 14, 2014 -> 07:55 AM)
First pitch tomorrow night--37 degrees.

There wont be 10K people there then. U could give me scout seats to tomorrow nights game I am not going out there to freeze my a$$ off. Much happier from my couch and 55" LED in HD.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 05:58 AM)
There wont be 10K people there then. U could give me scout seats to tomorrow nights game I am not going out there to freeze my a$$ off. Much happier from my couch and 55" LED in HD.

Unfortunately I will be here.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 12:58 AM)

There will be 10K Sox fans there, only most will be Red Sox fans, and not White.

Peavy made some comments yesterday about how it was unfortunate that the fans didn't come out in 2012. Now The Mully and Hanley Show and Mac and Spiegs have been talking about it all day. Some of these f***ing idiots that call and text in make it embarrassing to be a White Sox fan. Just a bunch of f***ing excuse makers. It's too expensive. It's not fun. The team is bad. It's cold. The neighborhood is bad. It's hard to get to. All of which are bulls***. White Sox fans suck sometimes. It's not too expensive. Numerous people have mentioned how there is nowhere to go after the game. There are tons of places near the ballpark but why is it necessary to go out after? If everything is so expensive, then eat and drink in the parking lot which they allow you to do. It being cold is a valid excuse in April but I wish these callers and texters today would just drive off the road.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
Peavy made some comments yesterday about how it was unfortunate that the fans didn't come out in 2012. Now The Mully and Hanley Show and Mac and Spiegs have been talking about it all day. Some of these f***ing idiots that call and text in make it embarrassing to be a White Sox fan. Just a bunch of f***ing excuse makers. It's too expensive. It's not fun. The team is bad. It's cold. The neighborhood is bad. It's hard to get to. All of which are bulls***. White Sox fans suck sometimes. It's not too expensive. Numerous people have mentioned how there is nowhere to go after the game. There are tons of places near the ballpark but why is it necessary to go out after? If everything is so expensive, then eat and drink in the parking lot which they allow you to do. It being cold is a valid excuse in April but I wish these callers and texters today would just drive off the road.

He's 100% right about that. Even the fans who did show up weren't really into the game. You could hear a pin drop at some of the Sox/Tigers games late in the year, well except for the Tigers fans.

Sox fans are bandwagon fans is what it all boils down to. They won't come out if the team isn't very good. They came out in April of 06, despite all of the same factors still existing. Win, and the fans come back. Wasting hours of radio on such a stupid topic is exactly why listening to talk sports is as productive as smashing your face into a wall.

White Sox fans are some of the biggest whiners in the league. Go read WSI and see what they complain about. It's unbelievable. Workers not smiling at them. There even is someone now saying the K-Zone for Chris Sale's starts is destined to be a "marketing disaster".