White Sox winner!

Bighurt52235

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 06:01 PM)
@ckamka: IBB's first tracked in 1955. Jose Abreu is first player during that span with a 2-IBB game within first 2 MLB games

When you're intimidating opponents into your second game, it's good.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 05:33 PM)
I think we always say this kind of thing coming off a rough year, but they lose that game last year.

Heh, I bet some said that last year (we started out pretty well).

Great Win! Lets get the sweep!

It sucked that Minnesota pretty much gave us the victory but I only saw the 11th inning, so maybe that doesn't tell the whole story.

I also thought it was hilarious that Adam Dunn had no idea that the winning run was scoring as he was pimping his walk. Thats okay though, I'd rather he just be focused on hitting, and he did have a good at bat.

Go Sox!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 06:46 PM)
It should be De Aza against RHP, no questions asked. In fact, it's so obvious Ventura will never do it.

Actually a question asked. DeAza has swung a hot bat in ST and the first 2 games. Shouldn't he be the 5th hitter between the righties instead of (all)Dunn? Move (all) Dunn down to 7th. Got to give Semien more than 2 games hitting 2nd before you move him down or even out.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 06:07 PM)

It sucked that Minnesota pretty much gave us the victory but I only saw the 11th inning, so maybe that doesn't tell the whole story.

I also thought it was hilarious that Adam Dunn had no idea that the winning run was scoring as he was pimping his walk. Thats okay though, I'd rather he just be focused on hitting, and he did have a good at bat.

Go Sox!

Sox rallied in the 9th starting with Kong and Tank singles off the Twins' closer, so they did some good work.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 05:07 PM)

Go Sox!

We would've won it before extras if the ump didn't screw Jones out of 2 big strikes (and Veal, to a lesser extent). And possibly if he didn't inadvertently block an errant throw, although I guess that still would have counted as the Twins giving us the win.