Kansas City Royals vs Chicago White Sox 3:10 PM

Kyyle23

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)
I'll go out on a limb and say Abreu gets his first career HR today to right center.

It's a poke to put the ball into the fountains or onto the grassy berm in RCF in Kansas City for a RH hitter.

Abreu can do it, but I think a homer to straightaway CF or LF is much more likely.

Looking forward to watching Abreu! Hoping it's the real deal (don't need speculated confirmation from anyone, just stating).

I'm also excited about watching Erik Johnson. Haven't heard too much hype around here for him.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)
Looking forward to watching Abreu! Hoping it's the real deal (don't need speculated confirmation from anyone, just stating).

I'm also excited about watching Erik Johnson. Haven't heard too much hype around here for him.

He was really impressive yesterday when he shortened his swing with two strikes and hit that triple. It says alot about a hitting approach with that and the "not afraid to hit with 2 strikes" mentality. He wasn't defensive just attacked it with a shorter swing.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
If that were the case, every Rockies player with some power will get 30+ HRs a year.

"Some Power" is not the same as "Abreu's Power"

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 11:16 AM)
Considering we don't have an off day for a while, it'll be interesting to see when they mix in Nieto. I saw someone say he could be Danks personal catcher, any reason behind that?

They both like to toke. They have a bond you just can't explain, man. Yeah.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 05:36 PM)
They both like to toke. They have a bond you just can't explain, man. Yeah.

I have heard texans are a little particular about the way their smoke is rolled.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 09:45 AM)
Sox are 3rd in MLB in OPB, 1st in SLG, and T-1st in HR.

They also just got done facnig one of the worst pitching staffs in the league. I think it will be better, but it's not going to be that prolific all year.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
What does predicting that Abreu will hit 2 HRs next week in Denver have to do with the Rockies?

One can assume that the comment was made because of Denver's location. It's windy and a mile high over there. The Rockies play in Denver. If those factors are always existent there, then the Rockies should theoretically lead the majors in HRs every year.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)
One can assume that the comment was made because of Denver's location. It's windy and a mile high over there. The Rockies play in Denver. If those factors are always existent there, then the Rockies should theoretically lead the majors in HRs every year.

Except that the humidor balls really keep the ball down there. There are still a lot of home runs hit at Coors each year The park is still a monstrosity and it's very easy to hit well there. Plus, you still need power/home run hitters to actually be playing there. Gonzalez, Rosario, Tulowitzski, and maybe Cuddyer are all they had for power hitters last year, and Gonzalez and Tulo missed 78 combined games.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 4, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)

The Rockies did lead the majors in runs scored at home 3 of the last 4 seasons. The ball still carries and finds its way into the gaps very easily there, just maybe not as bad as when it first opened.