4/5- White Sox @ Royals 1:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Chen: "It's one of those things that I've been doing well against them, but this year, they're kind of like a different team -- [Jose] Abreu, [Avisail)] Garcia, [Marcus] Semien, [Adam] Eaton. They have a different team, and I'm just glad I'm able to do well against a team in our division because that really helps us a lot."

Billy Butler on John Danks: "He's got a good changeup, a good little cutter now," said Royals designated hitter Billy Butler, who is 6-for-32 with one RBI against Danks. "He's been gone a while, had some injuries. I've played against John a long time and he's always been tough."

Adam Eaton says his play style has never caused injuries: "Not yet. No, You just have to know how to run into them, I guess," Eaton said. "You have to protect yourself with your legs. You don't want to jam a shoulder or anything like that. That wall was pretty soft."

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
9-7 Sox. Starters leave at 5-3 Royals, Sox rally multiple times as bullpen continues to give up runs.

I think with Cy and Danks (my Comeback Player of The Year pick) on the mound, it'll be 4-2 Sox. Royals with 2 in the first and Sox with 4 in the 7th thanks to an Abreu grand slam, ruining Chen's shutout. Danks goes 7.1 and Lindstrom gets the save.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/4524584...2190592/photo/1

Nieto starting. Abreu 3rd. Gillaspie 5th. Avi sitting. Viciedo batting 4th.

So strange that Viciedo sits four straight games and then is immediately put into the cleanup spot. I guess Konerko would also have the same issue, but I still would have probably flip-flopped them. Glad both are in the lineup today though.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
Erik Johnson will come around I think. Our starters haven't been bad (outside of Johnson). Bullpen is what sucks

Bullpens are streaky, I think it's way too early to jump to conclusions on them. Not a huge fan of Lindstrom being the closer though. Would prefer Jones (if healthy) or even Webb, but I totally understand the reasoning.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
Bullpens are streaky, I think it's way too early to jump to conclusions on them. Not a huge fan of Lindstrom being the closer though. Would prefer Jones (if healthy) or even Webb, but I totally understand the reasoning.

Oh I'm not saying they'll be bad all year. I'm just saying they suck right now. They have potential.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
Sox are going to HIT this year. The pitching? Um, not so good...

Everything that has happened so far this season will even out as we go. The hitting is not this good and the pitching is not this bad. Oddly enough, I think it'll result in basically what we've seen so far, a .500ish team.

Edited by Rowand44