Game Thread 4/9: SOX @ ROX

cabiness42

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
Can anyone explain why the Rockies brought in Boone Logan with two out and no one on in a game that was over? I feel like Weiss was sending a message there...

No message. They just activated Logan, and this was his first action.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need to shake up that bullpen, somehow.

I would be tempted to start using Cleto or Webb as the closer, just to see how they respond. Cleto's never been trusted consistently even with 7th-8th inning leads, maybe he would thrive (as he's always been cut or the last guy in the pen for mop-up work at the big league level).

He threw a nasty offspeed pitch when he got CarGo down in the count. The key was getting ahead.

Cuddyer was fouling off those 98-99 MPH fastballs, and he wasn't simply throwing it by everyone like you'd expect at that velocity. That said, I actually like/d Cleto's repertoire more than Jones.

Very similar pitchers, though.

And, at some point, they're going to have to go with Veal over Downs until Scott can at least get lefties out. He might be at the end of the line.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 09:08 PM)
They really need to shake up that bullpen, somehow.

I would be tempted to start using Cleto or Webb as the closer, just to see how they respond. Cleto's never been trusted consistently even with 7th-8th inning leads, maybe he would thrive (as he's always been cut or the last guy in the pen for mop-up work at the big league level).

He threw a nasty offspeed pitch when he got CarGo down in the count. The key was getting ahead.

Cuddyer was fouling off those 98-99 MPH fastballs, and he wasn't simply throwing it by everyone like you'd expect at that velocity. That said, I actually like/d Cleto's repertoire more than Jones.

Very similar pitchers, though.

And, at some point, they're going to have to go with Veal over Downs until Scott can at least get lefties out. He might be at the end of the line.

Cleto couldn't be worse than Bellysorry. I like Lindstrom when he is on. I like his slider a lot. Downs is done. He can't get anyone out.

Yes, it's early, but we are 2-4 on the road, losing both series. The Sox are 2-1 at home. It is crucial the team keeps winning series at home, because if we suck at home again like last year, the record figures to be mighty similar to last year. Team is gonna have to at least win a bundle of home games IMO to avoid a horses*** year.

Our pitching staff is way worse than last year IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 10:32 PM)
Yes, it's early, but we are 2-4 on the road, losing both series. The Sox are 2-1 at home. It is crucial the team keeps winning series at home, because if we suck at home again like last year, the record figures to be mighty similar to last year. Team is gonna have to at least win a bundle of home games IMO to avoid a horses*** year.

Our pitching staff is way worse than last year IMO.

Well, yeah, trade Peavy for Erik Johnson....and Santiago for Paulino, that's going to happen.

However, if Danks bounces back, it's getting close to even (compared to last year). If he doesn't, they're 1 1/2 pitchers worse.