NCAA basketball 2014-15 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Duke will play in Madison for the Big Ten - ACC challenge

Other matchups include Pitt at Indiana, Syracuse at Michigan, Ohio St at Louisville and Iowa at North Carolina. Full slate to be announced in a few minutes.

I would love to see ND play MSU, but with the season ND had last year, I'm guessing Penn State or Northwestern are more likely matchups.

I would love to see ND play MSU, but with the season ND had last year, I'm guessing Penn State or Northwestern are more likely matchups.

OK, well ND is going to play MSU. I plan to be on hand to watch my alma mater kick my alma mater's ass.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 2, 2014 -> 02:11 AM)
Smells like a win to me. Which is good. Illinois will be underrated off the bat.

Miami is going to be pretty good next year.

Angel Rodriguez is cleared to play. Transfer from K-State who averaged 11pts in 2012-13.

Sheldon McClellan from Texas. Averaged 13pts in 2012-13.

DeAndre Burnett was a freshman who was injured last season. Averaged 37pts in his SR of HS.

If the Canes had an average offense last season, they would've been a tournament team. I'll be highly surprised if Miami isnt competing for a tournament spot next season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colle...0,7451223.story

The league has called a Tuesday news conference at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. That’s the home of the Washington Wizards -- and the future home of the Big Ten men’s basketball tournament.

A league official confirmed an SI.com report that Washington D.C. will host the 2017 event, marking its first departure from Chicago or Indianapolis since its creation in 1998.

Delaney has such a hard on for the east coast, hopefully they don't completely move these events to the east coast because it's going to really upset all the midwestern fans. Keep Chicago as the main site for the event (every other year) then alternate DC/Indy the other years and I wouldn't be too upset.

Still, how empty is that stadium going to be?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 6, 2014 -> 08:33 AM)
Delaney has such a hard on for the east coast, hopefully they don't completely move these events to the east coast because it's going to really upset all the midwestern fans. Keep Chicago as the main site for the event (every other year) then alternate DC/Indy the other years and I wouldn't be too upset.

Still, how empty is that stadium going to be?

hopefully no one shows and they'll see what a colossal mistake it was.

It's the era of the super conference and the B1G is trying to gain control of the Northeast. As long as it's not every year, I don't see it as a big deal. Plus, I think it would be awesome to have the tourney at Madison Square Garden one year.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
An incredibly premature, stupid move.

Meh, its a TV event for most anyways. This is a welcoming nod to Maryland and Rutgers, and not that different than MLB giving the All-Star game to teams with new stadiums.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 6, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
Meh, its a TV event for most anyways. This is a welcoming nod to Maryland and Rutgers, and not that different than MLB giving the All-Star game to teams with new stadiums.

As is any event ever, so that's not really relevant. You're making it much tougher for the vast majority of fan bases to make it to the tournament. And I can't imagine attendance will be great for it. The ones in the Midwest are full every year.

Plus they don't owe Rutgers or Maryland anything. And Rutgers basketball? LOL. That'll really sell the place out.

Pac 12 going to put their tournament on the east coast anytime soon?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 6, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
As is any event ever, so that's not really relevant. You're making it much tougher for the vast majority of fan bases to make it to the tournament. And I can't imagine attendance will be great for it. The ones in the Midwest are full every year.

Plus they don't owe Rutgers or Maryland anything. And Rutgers basketball? LOL. That'll really sell the place out.

Pac 12 going to put their tournament on the east coast anytime soon?

Of course B1G doesn't "owe" those schools anything. That's not my point. My point is that they don't take the tourney to this new market if those 2 new schools aren't added, which I don't think is debatable.

And no, I don't think the Pac 12 (or any other conference) is going to go the opposite coast to play in a market where it doesn't have a school. But Washington DC is a B1G market, so that's not a fair question.

I'll grant you that DC is a much farther drive, but there are a few more things to see and do there than in Indy, once you get there.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 6, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
Of course B1G doesn't "owe" those schools anything. That's not my point. My point is that they don't take the tourney to this new market if those 2 new schools aren't added, which I don't think is debatable.

And no, I don't think the Pac 12 (or any other conference) is going to go the opposite coast to play in a market where it doesn't have a school. But Washington DC is a B1G market, so that's not a fair question.

I'll grant you that DC is a much farther drive, but there are a few more things to see and do there than in Indy, once you get there.

So true. Besides sports, there is essentially nothing but shopping to do in downtown Indy. There is zero culture or history there.

So true. Besides sports, there is essentially nothing but shopping to do in downtown Indy. There is zero culture or history there.

Well, no city is going to match DC for culture and history, but there is more of that in Indy than people realize.

If you are from or have any connection to Indiana, the Indiana State Museum is really cool.

If you have kids with you, there is a top-notch Children's museum up near Butler. The zoo is also really good.

NCAA Hall of Champions

A Native American art museum

Mass Ave has a lot of trendy restaurants/clubs