Cleveland Indians vs Chicago White Sox game #3

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 11:20 PM)
The bullpen certainly seems to either be a work in progress or just needs to be revamped period. But, throwing strikes would help too

Amen, brother Rockin.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 12:38 AM)
Really. Struck out 3 times, had footwork troubles at first again, and when he pit the ball in play with the bases loaded in the 4th when a run gets everyone free coffee, he taps into a 1-2-3 DP. Screw him.

And screw Don Cooper. If he can't get pitchers to throw strikes, what good is he. When Belisario was signed it was applauded on Soxtalk. Same with Downs, and Paulino was a steal. He can't get them to throw strikes, but in their defense, if any of us were on the mound and threw the meatballs they were offering, we wouldn't want to throw them anywhere near the plate either.

I just really love how people freak out after a loss. Figure I will join in on the fun. The bullpen is terrible and probably will remain terrible, but they aren't going to have a 7.00 ERA. Paulino more than likely sucks, but he isn't going to sport an 8.00 ERA for the rest of the season. Nieto played A ball last year. Why anyone would be surprised in the least bit that he will be overmatched 9 times out of 10, is curious. At least so far, this team makes games interesting. They are short a few players, especially pitchers, but maybe their guys can turn it around. It will take a huge turnaround, but it is pretty much a guarantee there will be at least a small one.

That was a pretty entertaining post, Dick Allen. One of the best I've ever read. It's why message boards are worthwhile. I didn't get mad at Abreu today at all for his failures, but to be fair, it should be noted that if you had to pick on one hitter who "cost us the game" it probably would be him today. Opposite of the pick to click I'd say. That's OK obviously but he stunk today.

Paulino does suck, though. Please cut him loose, White Sox. My god he is buzzkill (so is Axelrod; don't you dare bring him up to the big league club).

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 11:06 PM)
Amen, brother Rockin.

That was a pretty entertaining post, Dick Allen. One of the best I've ever read. It's why message boards are worthwhile. I didn't get mad at Abreu today at all for his failures, but to be fair, it should be noted that if you had to pick on one hitter who "cost us the game" it probably would be him today. Opposite of the pick to click I'd say. That's OK obviously but he stunk today.

Paulino does suck, though. Please cut him loose, White Sox. My god he is buzzkill (so is Axelrod; don't you dare bring him up to the big league club).

Over any of the pitchers?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
Amen, brother Rockin.

Is Dick Allen sending you checks? You kiss his ass quite often. You gotta stop with that.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 03:19 AM)
Over any of the pitchers?

I said 'hitter' Scotty.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 13, 2014 -> 03:27 AM)
Is Dick Allen sending you checks? You kiss his ass quite often. You gotta stop with that.

Truthfully I find I agree with Dick a lot or like his posts. No butt kissing. I tell it like I think it is.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 10:01 PM)
I was reading this thread and saw the line about Konerko not pinch hitting. I've seriously almost forgotten Paulie is on this team.

What a waste. If they are not going to use him at all, he should just retire. I thought he'd play more than this. Not editorializing about his playing time, just saying if this is his role, cut him loose.

Well the line up has been doing well so I don't think there has been a need except for some pinch hitting