4/19 games

danman31

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 08:50 AM)
Their dad, Mychael, was a better athlete than either of the two kids, and that is saying something.

He's the forgotten man from the 80's Lakers dynasty. Actually played more minutes than Kareem for a few of those years, backing up the 4 (Rambis) and 5.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)
He's the forgotten man from the 80's Lakers dynasty. Actually played more minutes than Kareem for a few of those years, backing up the 4 (Rambis) and 5.

Stan, did you know that he was originally going to play for Denver in the ABA, but then the merger happened and they took the pick away from Denver? One of the conditions of the merger.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
Stan, did you know that he was originally going to play for Denver in the ABA, but then the merger happened and they took the pick away from Denver? One of the conditions of the merger.

Did not know that, though I didn't live here in the McNicholls Arena era. I guess the ABA teams that survived were just happy to get a piece of the pie.

Perhaps the opening scene of that Will Ferrell movie (name escapes me) was somewhat accurate.