White Sox @ Tigers - WCIU 6:08 PM

Hawkfan

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:33 PM)
Pretty good game for the rebuilding aspect of things...Abreu showed he can hit tough pitching, Viciedo continues to be a force and good news about Sale's elbow.

They continue to show a ton of fight. Brought the thing run to the plate in a game that looked very much out of reach. Good stuff.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 11:07 PM)
Yeah, I was just checking in to witness the outrage over Webb being used in a meaningless game, but his name wasn't even mentioned. So, when he's truly needed in a couple days from now, Ventura will rest him.

No s***. Ventura is f***ing clueless. Webb comes out throwing 96, this is our "long man".

Meanwhile he won't just let leesman eat it, he's gotta go to the pen early.

Dude has no fugging clue when you call it a day and when you fight, none, zip, zero, zilch.

Phil Coke about Dunn's bomb...

"It was like I threw an incidental two-seamer," said Coke of the pitch Dunn crushed. "No, it was an incident, because he hit that a long way. Somebody almost died. That was an incident in the outfield seats. Seriously. I'm being totally honest, because he tattooed that ball. He really did."

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 11:35 PM)
No s***. Ventura is f***ing clueless. Webb comes out throwing 96, this is our "long man".

Meanwhile he won't just let leesman eat it, he's gotta go to the pen early.

Dude has no fugging clue when you call it a day and when you fight, none, zip, zero, zilch.

If you watched the game and listened to Stone, they used him as the long man out of necessity. They are going to try to get him used to pitching one inning at a time. He had not pitched in almost a week and threw one inning. If that kills Webb for 3 or 4 days, he obviously can't be a closer.

It is rather ironic you are calling someone clueless.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 05:36 AM)
If you watched the game and listened to Stone, they used him as the long man out of necessity. They are going to try to get him used to pitching one inning at a time. He had not pitched in almost a week and threw one inning. If that kills Webb for 3 or 4 days, he obviously can't be a closer.

It is rather ironic you are calling someone clueless.

Yeah, I heard them discussing Webb. If I remember correctly, and I'm sure I do, he was used for three innings last week during that 14 inning mess. That was out of necessity. Last night he just pitched one inning. These guys who are going to be one inning guys will have to pitch more than one inning at times.

DV's swing seems quieter to me lately. Less body movement through to contact. I'd still like to see him get even quieter but this has been a positive step imo. Still seems to struggle laying off breaking pitches low and outside but I missed about ha;f the games so perhaps I don't have the full picture.

QUOTE (SoxnGiants @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 07:41 AM)
DV's swing seems quieter to me lately. Less body movement through to contact. I'd still like to see him get even quieter but this has been a positive step imo. Still seems to struggle laying off breaking pitches low and outside but I missed about ha;f the games so perhaps I don't have the full picture.

He is a talented guy. He will undoubtedly go into a stretch where it will look like he has no clue at some point. The key is to keep that as brief as possible. He does seem to be at least a little more selective at the plate.

If Dayan Viciedo can limit himself to swinging at pitches he can hit hard, like he is doing now, he will put up crazy numbers. That is easier said than done.

QUOTE (hammerhead johnson @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 10:07 PM)
Yeah, I was just checking in to witness the outrage over Webb being used in a meaningless game, but his name wasn't even mentioned. So, when he's truly needed in a couple days from now, Ventura will rest him.

The White Sox brought the tying run to the plate in the 9th.

What exactly is your definition of meaningless game vs. games where Webb is truly needed?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
The White Sox brought the tying run to the plate in the 9th.

What exactly is your definition of meaningless game vs. games where Webb is truly needed?

He probably means that Webb shouldn't be pitching when down 8-3 in the 8th inning. He should be pitching when Sox are winning 3-1 in the 8th or the 9th.