Hawkfan

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Espn.com's game preview

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?game...-detroit-tigers

Verlander won five straight starts with a 1.88 ERA against the White Sox from July 26, 2011-Sept. 2, 2012, but he's taken the loss the last two times he's faced them. He gave up five runs and 12 hits in an 11-4 defeat July 9, then allowed seven runs -- three earned -- in six frames of a 7-4 loss July 25.

Hope we can get to Verlander early.

To state the obvious, we have 2 guys here competing for a starting job, the loser will get sent down when Sale comes back.

I personally am looking forward to see if either Leesman or Rienzo can step up and claim the 5th Starters job

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 07:32 AM)
From Espn.com's game preview

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?game...-detroit-tigers

Verlander won five straight starts with a 1.88 ERA against the White Sox from July 26, 2011-Sept. 2, 2012, but he's taken the loss the last two times he's faced them. He gave up five runs and 12 hits in an 11-4 defeat July 9, then allowed seven runs -- three earned -- in six frames of a 7-4 loss July 25.

Hope we can get to Verlander early.

After a pretty up and down year last season, he looks "back" this season. I wouldn't expect much against him today.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
We can probably chalk up the next two games as losses. We should look forward to Thursday's matchup.

Remember, this is still baseball, when you write such things, even if they should be correct, they're likely going to wind up wrong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
Remember, this is still baseball, when you write such things, even if they should be correct, they're likely going to wind up wrong.

I will gladly be wrong in this case. The more I think about it, probably just tonight. Smyly versus Rienzo could produce a high scoring affair.

We can probably chalk up the next two games as losses. We should look forward to Thursday's matchup.

This is a season where the Sox are first in runs scored and last in runs allowed, and Tyler Flowers is leading the league in AVG. Nothing will surprise me now.

Lineups:

SOX - Danks 8, Semien 5, Abreu 3, Dunn DH, Viciedo 9, Ramirez 6, DeAza 7, Flowers 2, Garcia 4; Leesman 1

DET - Davis 8, Kinsler 4, Cabrera 3, Martinez DH, Hunter 9, Martinez 7, Castellanos 5, Avila 2, Romine 6; Verlander 1

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 02:47 PM)
Lineups:

SOX - Danks 8, Semien 5, Abreu 3, Dunn DH, Viciedo 9, Ramirez 6, DeAza 7, Flowers 2, Garcia 4; Leesman 1

DET - Davis 8, Kinsler 4, Cabrera 3, Martinez DH, Hunter 9, Martinez 7, Castellanos 5, Avila 2, Romine 6; Verlander 1

I may be the only one, but I'm glad Jordan is getting more AB's and I hope he stays in LF when Spanky returns to CF. I know he won't since they want to showcase DeAza but they way Alejandro has been swinging the lumber, Danks should be starting.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
I may be the only one, but I'm glad Jordan is getting more AB's and I hope he stays in LF when Spanky returns to CF. I know he won't since they want to showcase DeAza but they way Alejandro has been swinging the lumber, Danks should be starting.

I sure hope not. I feel ill watching him at the plate. He is not an every day major leaguer, and I sure don't want to see him bat every day.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 10m

Gillaspie, out of lineup v RHP, has had his left hand wrapped at times this past week. Getting treatment.

Glad to see maybe some of this recent atrocious D of his could be injury based. We need that bat, no question..so you live with it.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)

Danks was pretty brutal last night. He's not a defensive liability but he is pretty weak with the bat. De Aza is off to a slow start but he'll heat up.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
Danks can strike out with the best of them. Especially for someone who is not a power hitter. When he's bad, he's bad. De Aza should get the playing time until July and then we should move on from him. The chances of salvaging value from him are obviously waning. I just hope we have someone pushing to get ABs in August/September (namely Thompson).

This would continue to be very much a rush with Trayce. He's actually still young and he seems to be showing benefits from the team stopping at AA and taking their time with him.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
Danks can strike out with the best of them. Especially for someone who is not a power hitter. When he's bad, he's bad. De Aza should get the playing time until July and then we should move on from him. The chances of salvaging value from him are obviously waning. I just hope we have someone pushing to get ABs in August/September (namely Thompson).

Danks has looked ok so far. He made solid contact last night.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
This would continue to be very much a rush with Trayce. He's actually still young and he seems to be showing benefits from the team stopping at AA and taking their time with him.

I tend to agree, if he keeps doing this well, he can be in AAA later in the season. But I love that he's putting up big numbers (which he's done a few times before for stretches) AND keeping the K rate down (more rare for him), in fact he has almost as many walks as K's.

Conor Gillaspie will be sidelined for the next few games due to soreness in his left hand.

The injury is not a major concern, and the White Sox simply don't want it to linger. Gillaspie is batting .302/.347/.413 with 12 RBI in 16 games this season.

Rotoworld.com