Season 6 of the Gordon Beckham Era

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 6m

Charlie Leesman has been optioned out. Beckham on the way.

Umm... I assume when Gillaspie is good to go we will option Semien or Garcia down for a starting pitcher?

I don't know what to think of this really. Is Gillaspie going to have to go on the DL?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
That, the crouched stance, the hitch in his swing, bad luck and the statuesque range at 2nd.

Was with you till bolded.

We all knew Beckham would get his job back, this is no surprise, but it's not very awesome (unless he somehow rakes).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
With Gillaspies and Sales situation in flux, this move greatly confuses me.

They need a position player. Right now the only guys they have on the bench are Konerko and the other catcher. Danks and Garcia both have to start because of injuries.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
With Gillaspies and Sales situation in flux, this move greatly confuses me.

I'd say in the immediate term with Gillaspie and Eaton day-to-day, we need more available position players. Assuming Gillaspie's not going to the DL, soon enough this week Semien will go to start every day at AAA and Leesman or someone else is back up to start.

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
The real concern here is that they send Garcia down and keep Semien in a reserve role. I still think Beckham should become our backup infielder, but if he does get his starting job back then Marcus needs to be playing everyday in AAA. Two or three starts a week isn't going to help his development.

I hate that this is true

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)
Garcia is so much more valuable as a bench player. He's much better defensively, switch hits and steals bases.

Our roster is fine where it is at. Only question is Konerko but we can't do anything about that.

I hate that Beckham has to come back. We have been playing fine. He either needs to be the utility guy or needs to be traded now.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)
Was with you till bolded.

We all knew Beckham would get his job back, this is no surprise, but it's not very awesome (unless he somehow rakes).

Beckham has about as much range as me sitting on my couch after 5 bong rips and a Las Asadas super burrito.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 11:16 PM)
Our roster is fine where it is at. Only question is Konerko but we can't do anything about that.

I hate that Beckham has to come back. We have been playing fine. He either needs to be the utility guy or needs to be traded now.

Who, instead of Konerko, do the Sox need as a 25th man getting very little playing time? What young player that we have would be better served by sitting on the bench in Chicago?

Always sucks to lose your job right after hitting a game-winning grand slam. He was on the way out regardless, but it still stinks. It's like seeing your sub come to the scorer's table in basketball and proceeding to rain down 3's before the next stoppage