Scott Carroll To MLB

Jose Abreu

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 05:27 AM)
Just watching the movement on his pitches and the way he goes after guys, he's for real I think as a legit back end rotation starter

You think so? That would be awesome.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 08:43 AM)
Axe not yet scratched from tonight's game for Charlotte. Could Hanson be ready for Weds.?

I really don't think Hanson is stretched out yet. He probably needs one or two more starts in AAA. Plus the 40-man is full.

I'd put money on Putnam starting Wednesday right now, and see if they can get 3-4 innings out of him.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 11:27 PM)
Just watching the movement on his pitches and the way he goes after guys, he's for real I think as a legit back end rotation starter

yea, I agree. That movement on his pitches suggests to me he's a step up from Axe.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 11:27 PM)

I was impressed with him. One thing that stands out is the kid knows how to pitch. He worked up and down in the zone, as well as to both corners. His stuff isn't the greatest, but it moves, and he seems to have control of it. You can tell from his minor league numbers that he never has given up a lot of baserunners. The only real exception to that is his surgery and recovery years.

If he brings this kind of stuff and moxie to most outings, I can see him sticking as a fifth starter. Is there anywhere that gives GB/FB numbers for the minors?

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 08:04 AM)
Zero. It may get postponed, but it won't get canceled.

May 29th would be the make up.

Yeah, yeah, got it.

Although, theoretically, if it was postponed to very late in the season, and the game didn't affect either team's playoff chances, they it might literally be cancelled since it wouldn't be made up.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 08:31 AM)
It's pouring here in the South Loop and the forecast doesn't look to be changing any time soon with 100% change of precipitation until 9 PM. So I'd say there's a good chance we get our first postponement tonight which may not be a bad thing which our rotation in shambles and Verlander-Scherzer slated to go in the two game series.

The attendance is going to be abysmal, horrible weather for the pitchers....conditions should be much nicer in late May and the potential to generate more revenue than anything that this game will create, it's hard to imagine them playing. Plus, as you mentioned, the rotation being more or less in shambles.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 08:46 AM)
It'd be nice to skip Wednesday's starting pitcher which figures to be the ghost of Tommy Hanson.

Maybe...but I think they will want to bring up Hanson when the weather's nice and the match-up is more fortuitous.

He just doesn't have the endurance/stamina without a couple more minor league starts. At least one more, if not two.

If nothing else, we can keep auditioning pitchers and seeing who can perform.

We know Leesman can't get it done, we already knew that in the first place. Rienzo and Carroll have got a chance, though. Maybe even Petricka. Putnam has pitched decently in his limited outings, it's better than starting an Axelrod or Surkamp and having them get hammered.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
Yeah, yeah, got it.

Although, theoretically, if it was postponed to very late in the season, and the game didn't affect either team's playoff chances, they it might literally be cancelled since it wouldn't be made up.

;) Of course you are right :lol:

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
Petricka has one start since the start of 2013 so if Hanson isn't ready Petricka definitely isn't. I just don't think the Sox are at the mercy to choose a pitcher's debut when it is fortuitous. We have lost 60% of our rotation in the last two weeks.

I don't think Hanson or Axelrod are on the 40 man. The 40 man is kind of full. I suppose they could transfer Keppinger to the 60 day and/or outright Mitchell.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
I don't think Hanson or Axelrod are on the 40 man. The 40 man is kind of full. I suppose they could transfer Keppinger to the 60 day and/or outright Mitchell.

Nester Molina is still on the 40 man, there is a prime candidate for a DFA......

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
Dunn picked up the check for Carroll's family and friend's dinner celebration last night. Cool move.

That is pretty awesome.

David Kaplan ‏@thekapman 28m

Scott Carroll: “My family + I (35 in all) went to dinner at Timothy O’Toole’s to celebrate + Adam Dunn picked up tab. It was so awesome."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
That is pretty awesome.

Scott Carroll: “My family + I (35 in all) went to dinner at Timothy O’Toole’s to celebrate + Adam Dunn picked up tab. It was so awesome."

The awesome part is they went to the bar/pub for dinner.

That is a solid move by Dunn.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
That is pretty awesome.

Great teammate and exceptional person