White Sox Winner!

Kyyle23

That article in the Daily Herald about how Scott Carroll was currently our best pitcher must have fired up the serpiente azul.

Baserunning and execution with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Terrible.

Semien=CLUTCH...but it's time for him to go back down to Charlotte and work on his contact rates. That said, if Beckham's hitting .150-.175 in another month, they might just go ahead and release him, Mitchell and Walker the same day for a symbolic purging of the past.

The outfield's going to drive us crazy until a healthy Eaton comes back.

GREAT JOB BY THE BULLPEN, though. Our greatest weakness has become our strength....isn't that a line from Superman or Spider-Man, haha?

Edited by caulfield12

Once again, Semien comes through with a clutch hit. Got to love it. If that average was .270 instead of .220 we'd be dying for him to be in the two-hole.

Good bullpen work again. I say that even though Lindstrom walked the tying run on base and gave up a two-out hit, making it moderately scary.

I gave up on the game in the ninth when Tank hit into the DP and went for a 45-minute walk to get rid of steam. I admit I'm a bad fan, but we did win, so I'm very happy. I hate losing to the Cubs.

Semien is clutch.

Abreu is decent.

Q should have just thrown a perfecto so I wouldn't lose sleep.

Gordon is terrible.

I hate Scott Downs.

Love Daniel Webb.

Lol at the Cubs.

I hope they actually find a SP for tomorrow.

Matty Ice is on the verge of a sub 3 era.

Petricka is at 1.93 damnnn son.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ May 5, 2014 -> 11:29 PM)
Another ugly save.

Not only does Lindstrom not have his usual plus stuff (95-96 MPH fastball), he also has pretty terrible control. It's a bad combination. I'm surprised he's not been hit harder.

Where would we be without all of Semien's clutch hits?

Great pitching duel between Q and Samardsgvfdsdfgby. I almost feel sorry for him.

Beckham can do no wrong in Hawk's eyes.

This game would have ended a lot sooner if the wind hadn't knocked down a few of our would be homers.

Petricka has been awesome. Downs has not.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2014 -> 11:10 PM)
That article in the Daily Herald about how Scott Carroll was currently our best pitcher must have fired up the serpiente azul.

Baserunning and execution with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Terrible.

Semien=CLUTCH...but it's time for him to go back down to Charlotte and work on his contact rates. That said, if Beckham's hitting .150-.175 in another month, they might just go ahead and release him, Mitchell and Walker the same day for a symbolic purging of the past.

The outfield's going to drive us crazy until a healthy Eaton comes back.

GREAT JOB BY THE BULLPEN, though. Our greatest weakness has become our strength....isn't that a line from Superman or Spider-Man, haha?

You let Semien ride it out and take his lumps. Without his clutch hits this season, how many more games would sox be below 500? At the very best Beckham hits 270 close to deadline and what will his power numbers be? Sox will ride out Beckham but front office after awhile might need to realize they wont get much maybe class a ball player c prospect or a 4 a ball player.

The pen was pretty incredible last night, and has been pretty good for the last couple of weeks now. Believe it or not, after being 5.50 just a few short weeks ago, the bullpen era is down to 3.94, which is now 17th in MLB after being deadlast before.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ May 6, 2014 -> 07:16 AM)
yes! what happened!?

Go read the gamethread posts, and tell me what happened. Im pretty sure the white sox lost 151 to negative 10, Robin Ventura was ejected, allowed back to coach, then ejected again for ineptness, and then the Cubs gained 15 wins due to sheer theo-ness.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 6, 2014 -> 07:35 AM)
Go read the gamethread posts, and tell me what happened. Im pretty sure the white sox lost 151 to negative 10, Robin Ventura was ejected, allowed back to coach, then ejected again for ineptness, and then the Cubs gained 15 wins due to sheer theo-ness.

Pretty sure Abreu is being suspended too. He transformed into Godzilla in the middle of the game, destroyed the right field wall, and headed towards downtown Chicago on a rampage.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 6, 2014 -> 08:23 AM)
Pretty sure Abreu is being suspended too. He transformed into Godzilla in the middle of the game, destroyed the right field wall, and headed towards downtown Chicago on a rampage.

The Cubs were happy that he destroyed a few rooftops