Ozzie on ESPN

Quin

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 6, 2014 -> 06:39 AM)
So, saw Ozzie debating with Kruk last night on ESPN. When the hell did this happen?

Greg is rejoicing beyond belief.

Saw him on there talking about Bryce Harper's thumb injury about a week ago...

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 6, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
It was a line of questioning that didnt require a thread or..well...even a full question....to be answered

I wonder if some sort of thread for things such as this might exist.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2014 -> 01:56 PM)
I wonder why the thought of Ozzie makes me smile and dream of 2005.

It makes me think of him stealing money after 2006

Money, he will have you know, that he certainly does not need

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 6, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
It makes me think of him stealing money after 2006

Money, he will have you know, that he certainly does not need

No offense, and not wanting to start an Ozzie-fest riot on here again, but the last couple seasons I thought we've been told by many on here the manager does nothing. So how was Ozzie stealing money? Robin seems to get a free pass since the Sox talent has been declining, though he still had a contender his first year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
No offense, and not wanting to start an Ozzie-fest riot on here again, but the last couple seasons I thought we've been told by many on here the manager does nothing. So how was Ozzie stealing money? Robin seems to get a free pass since the Sox talent has been declining, though he still had a contender his first year.

LMAO Robin gets a free pass? Are you serious????

Greg, congratulation on hitting 10,000 non Ozzie posts.

Manager receive too much credit and too much blame. I really hope Ozzie finds a full time media gig. I like exciting guys in the press box. Has an ex-Sox manager since Tony La Russa had a decent career after leaving the Sox?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2014 -> 04:49 PM)
Robin seems to get a free pass since the Sox talent has been declining, though he still had a contender his first year.

If there's one thing I've given Robin it's a free pass, right?

QUOTE (Tex @ May 6, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
Greg, congratulation on hitting 10,000 non Ozzie posts.

Manager receive too much credit and too much blame. I really hope Ozzie finds a full time media gig. I like exciting guys in the press box. Has an ex-Sox manager since Tony La Russa had a decent career after leaving the Sox?

Manuel and Torborg didn't fare too well.

Lamont's been around baseball this whole time, and many thought that he had a shot at the Tigers' job, but they gave it to Ausmus instead.

Amazingly, in his first year Lamont finished second (1997) with a young, inexperienced Pirates team that was widely predicted to finish last. His team often upset many NL teams vying for playoff spots. He came in 2nd place in the manager of the year voting behind Dusty Baker of the San Francisco Giants.

There was no continued success for the Pirates though, finishing in last place in the Central in 1998. After the terrible 2000 season, Lamont was fired and replaced by Lloyd McClendon.

Edited by caulfield12