5/7 vs Cubs

flavum

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 7, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
I am trying to get out to this game. However, it does look gloomy downtown and tickets are expensive...

The disadvantage of a very small season ticket base is the lack of cheap stubhub tickets for the marquee games. We had 1st row upper deck infield boxes at Wrigley for $21 with stubhub fees included. Might have even got them cheaper at the park with all the sellers.

It isn't that way for tonight's game.

Mike Olt just doesn't look like a good player to me. He has trouble with contact and getting on base, and his work at 3B looks like what you see at a Pony League game.

Considering how highly he was thought of at one time, it's hard to believe he can be that bad.

So the lineup is probably: De Aza CF Beckham 2B Abreu 1B Viciedo LF Konerko DH Sierra RF Ramirez SS Flowers C Semien 3B? I kinda want to see Garcia get some time in center and at leadoff over De Aza. He is just ugly to watch hit.

Danks will be back at some point because of the glove, but oh my goodness is he bad with the bat.

Sierra out of options so you take a look at him, and just figure Leury could be a CF in a pinch til Eaton is back. It wouldnt be the worst thing in the world to get Leury that experience as well as his future of super-sub seems pretty cemented

Sierra is not considered a CF. very minimal use there over the years.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 7, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
LGarcia is now the 4th OF.

Fair enough. I know he's played out there before, but I've never seen it, and I think it has been pretty rare. Hard to imagine he'd be very good at it.

So now, Eaton comes back up, and either Garcia or Semien go down. OK.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 7, 2014 -> 02:41 PM)
:(

Danks' only saving grace is the man can play some stellar defense. He has to learn to hit and regularly. He had plenty of opportunities and just failed miserably.