GT 5/10: CWS vs. ARI 8:10 CST

Eminor3rd

O/U  

14 members have voted

1. 1. White Sox homeruns tonight: 2.5

• Over
    • Under

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2014 -> 03:14 AM)
Paulie had at least 2 cookies. He should have bashed the first pitch for a hit and also the one Hawk commented on. He hasn't played enough to have the timing/confidence whatever you want to call it to smash a key hit right there. Sad.

Or he just can't hit righties

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we made it a game at the end...hoping with your heart that Konerko could hit a walk-off or at least tie it up.

Abreu with one of his more forgettable games.

Flowers getting thrown out at 3rd in the 8th when he could have cut the lead to one turned out to be a pretty big run in the end.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 10, 2014 -> 10:20 PM)
Good pitcher, but he's a #3 on a division contending team. Not a #2.

Just to point this out again, his current ERA is #21 in the AL among qualified starters. WHIP is #20.

Yeah, I heard a stat tonight that the White Sox were first in the AL (and maybe the majors) in run-scoring in the 9th inning.

Wonder why Flowers went for 3rd on the DeAza infield grounder...pretty good chance Alejandro would have been safe at 1st, with runners on 1st and 2nd, one out for Beckham/Semien/Abreu.

Also saw a runner (Marte) only end up on third when he started from 2nd on a double. Don't see that very often. Not even in the glory days of Thome/Crede/AJ/Dye/Thomas/Konerko moving station-to-station.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
I really admire how this team makes so many games interesting. Compared to last year, this has been a unforgettable season so far.

I agree. Even when they fall behind by a few runs you still have a feeling they may come back. Last year if they fell behind by a couple of runs early you just dreaded that the game was likely over.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 10, 2014 -> 08:29 PM)
That Flowers play--he should know better, but do the coaches actually have to start yelling down to them at 2B to remind them not to do what he did? That play can't happen again.

I don't think there's time to get a good read on the 3rd base coach in that situation...because there's no room for hesitation, pretty much have to go on contact, guessing he simply assumed that Owings was going to 1st with the throw instead, but it was pretty deep in the hole. Play was in front of him.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 10, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
Same old Addison never 1-2-3. He got lucky tonight.

Reed is not Rivera but he continues to get saves. Yet he has been pitching on bad teams for several years. I bet Arizona trades him at the deadline to a good team that needs a closer and walks away with a top prospect.