Vote for White Sox All-Stars starting now

I know many of us are baseball fans and we'd like to see the best man win and be fair in our All-Star votes. Well f*** that. Vote early and often for deserving White Sox players and you can be both fair and a homer. Let's face it every city stuffs the ballot box for their favorites. If you have a social media outlet and you talk about the Sox push getting behind the team.

Vote for Sox players , go to games. We have a team worth watching with exciting young players. This team believes in itself . Why should we all be the same dour Sox fans pointing at everything thats against the team winning.

This team never quits. Lose Avi Garcia . Sucks we should lose. Didn't happen. Lose our leadoff hitter ,the catalyst to this dynamice new team . We should lose. Still not happening. Ok lose our best pitcher . Surely we will start losing now a bunch of games in fact. Nope ain't happening. Damn this bulpen SUCKS ! We are going to lose a lot of games. WTF ?!? How did they go from sucking so bad to being so good ?

This is my little grassroots attempt to build some enthusiam around the Sox and I'm relying on you to carry it out. I'll vote for Sox All-Stars but social media isnt my thing and I can't go to games because I don't live there. Maybe getting a wildcard doesn't thrill a lot of people, but it sure would thrill me. I think it can happen especially if the fans get behind the team. They're already playing inspired ball without our support. Imagine with it.

Edit: I haven't even pointed out a bunch of other s*** that went wrong.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2014 -> 07:16 AM)
I got all of my votes in on the first day of balloting.

You're a good guy even if you repeatedly say the Sox aren't going anywhere this year. I like the postseason even if it is more gut-wrenching to lose there. It's the postseason and we've made far too few of them.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
You're a good guy even if you repeatedly say the Sox aren't going anywhere this year. I like the postseason even if it is more gut-wrenching to lose there. It's the postseason and we've made far to few of them.

It isn't that I don't want them to make it, I just don't see this team as ready yet. Too many questions, and too many guys learning on the job. If a lot goes right, MAYBE 2015, but even in that case, I think we need some help from Detroit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
It isn't that I don't want them to make it, I just don't see this team as ready yet. Too many questions, and too many guys learning on the job. If a lot goes right, MAYBE 2015, but even in that case, I think we need some help from Detroit.

Oh I know you're a great fan and would love to see them surprise and win this year and every year but prophecies of failure bother me. It's just another way for Sox fans to say they arent worth spending their money on and there's already enough reasons fans don't want to go.

Alexei will not start the all-star game even though he should. We all know Jeter will start..

There is no doubt Abreu should be starting but I have a feeling Pujols will be voted in and Abreu will be a back up..

All-Star game is simply a popularity contest when it comes to starters. Until that changes there really is no reason to vote..

AL OPS leaders by position:

DH: VMartinez 954, Ortiz 851, Dunn 827

C: Weiters 839, Flowers 793, Pinto 789

1B: Abreu 936, Pujols 891, Napoli 868

2B: Kendrick 844, Dozier 806, Pedrois 782

3B: Solarte 857, Seager 801, Donaldson 793

SS: Ramirez 864, Lowrie 756, Villar 745

OF: Choo 987, Bautista 967, Cruz 896, MCabrera 889, Trout 882, Cespedes 857, Brantley 841, Joyce 833, Jackson 831

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
Alexei will not start the all-star game even though he should. We all know Jeter will start..

There is no doubt Abreu should be starting but I have a feeling Pujols will be voted in and Abreu will be a back up..

All-Star game is simply a popularity contest when it comes to starters. Until that changes there really is no reason to vote..

So let's make Abreu the most popular, voting a lot has a tendency to do that.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 12, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
AL OPS leaders by position:

DH: VMartinez 954, Ortiz 851, Dunn 827

1B: Abreu 936, Pujols 891, Napoli .868

2B: Kendrick 844, Dozier 806, Pedrois 782

3B: Solarte 857, Seager 801, Donaldson 793

SS: Ramirez 864, Lowrie 756, Villar 745

OF: Choo 987, Bautista 967, Cruz 896, MCabrera 889, Trout 882, Cespedes 857, Brantley 841, Joyce 833, Jackson 831

Where's catcher ?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
So let's make Abreu the most popular, voting a lot has a tendency to do that.

I already put all my votes in for Abreu and Alexei.. After rethinking it I think Abreu might be the starter if he continues his hot start and gets more press

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
Oh I know you're a great fan and would love to see them surprise and win this year and every year but prophecies of failure bother me. It's just another way for Sox fans to say they arent worth spending their money on and there's already enough reasons fans don't want to go.

I go to basically the same number of games when winning vs losing, which is not many. Then again, I am also not asking where fans are at.

I do watch every game though.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:05 AM)
I already put all my votes in for Abreu and Alexei.. After rethinking it I think Abreu might be the starter if he continues his hot start and gets more press

Too bad that cover of Sports Illustrated with ABreu on the cover was only regional. Any one want to trade one with Trout for the Abreu one ? :P