Mothers Day Game Thread Sox vs Dbags

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the pre-game and the one thing that Frank Thomas and I agree on the most---Jose Quintana should change his number.

Get a real number, Jose. Take 26, and have Avi go to 34 when he gets back. Do it.

Better yet, take 33. Nobody has that now.

Edited by flavum

Hawk is crazy saying that should have been a "team error." That should have been an error given to De Aza plain and simple.

In 2012 De Aza was one of my favorite players. It's gotten to the point now where I don't care if he ever plays another game for the Sox.

The Sox better do something to improve their outfield defense.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 11, 2014 -> 01:20 PM)
Hawk is crazy saying that should have been a "team error." That should have been an error given to De Aza plain and simple.

In 2012 De Aza was one of my favorite players. It's gotten to the point now where I don't care if he ever plays another game for the Sox.

The Sox better do something to improve their outfield defense.

His name is Adam Eaton

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 11, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
Yeah one halfway decent defensive outfielder on the roster. What do you do about Avi Garcia, De Aza, Sierra, Viciedo, etc.? You could live with Viciedo at DH but the others mentioned are worse defensively and aren't good enough hitters to be exclusively DH.

Again, one solution to some of this is practice. Viciedo and Garcia are both young and Viciedo in particular has less experience at the position he's playing than he does at 3b because of how much we've shifted them around. If we're this inconsistent in where guys play we shouldn't expect them to be very good at it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
LOL De Aza. And it's silly that the rules call that a hit, not an error. That needs to change.

What rules are you referring to? Isn't the decision up to the official scorer?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
Again, one solution to some of this is practice. Viciedo and Garcia are both young and Viciedo in particular has less experience at the position he's playing than he does at 3b because of how much we've shifted them around. If we're this inconsistent in where guys play we shouldn't expect them to be very good at it.

Yeah and as bad as he's been on defense he's still been better defensively than Garcia and Sierra have been, and De Aza hasn't looked much better.

I wish they could acquire one more good all around outfielder - a good hitter who also plays good defense.