Mothers Day Game Thread Sox vs Dbags

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
Yeah, I can't remember the last time a pitcher he really seemed to help started a game for the white sox.

Doesn't Cooper have a big say on handling how long relievers are left in?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2014 -> 04:20 PM)
Doesn't Cooper have a big say on handling how long relievers are left in?

Yes but he is a genius and Ventura an idiot so you have to ignore the facts. I thought from earlier game threads you are supposed to manage like the game is going at least 14 innings.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
Goldschmidt doesn't even have a hit this series.

Oh, well, the DBacks have actually been playing pretty well the last week or so. They've won their last two road series, including once against the Brewers. Looking to return home 6-3. I think Reed has 5 saves during that stretch as well.

It's not who you play , it's when you play them :P

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 11, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
Those who say the Sox never quit should not forget today's game. Seems like it was over after the DeAza gaffe.

Oh please, it's a long schedule. Every game won't be thrilling . You're going to have some stinkers. Just like we'll make other teams look bad sometimes , too.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 11, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)
Oh please, it's a long schedule. Every game won't be thrilling . You're going to have some stinkers. Just like we'll make other teams look bad sometimes , too.

Was today a "travel day"?

@scottmerkin: Robin was angry postgame over lackluster showing

@scottmerkin: RV: "Pretty uninspired by us all the way through. It started from the first play of the game and continued on and it stunk ...

@scottmerkin: More RV: ... pretty much the whole thing. Hector pitched a heck of a game to at least give us a chance, everything else stunk."

@scottmerkin: RV: "Something is going to happen. I don’t know what yet, but something."

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 11, 2014 -> 05:09 PM)
@scottmerkin: Robin was angry postgame over lackluster showing

@scottmerkin: RV: "Pretty uninspired by us all the way through. It started from the first play of the game and continued on and it stunk ...

@scottmerkin: More RV: ... pretty much the whole thing. Hector pitched a heck of a game to at least give us a chance, everything else stunk."

@scottmerkin: RV: "Something is going to happen. I don’t know what yet, but something."

What could he possibly do?

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ May 11, 2014 -> 06:07 PM)
De Aza isn't hitting, fielding, and his base running lately has been hazardous to his own health. I'd release him and call up someone who can at least catch the damn ball.

ADA bring nothing to this team in the 2014 season. He is not part of the future. Trade him.......cut him......it is best for ADA and the Sox. ADA is under .200 average with the same base running and fielding mistakes over and over it should not be too difficult to replace his worthless ass production wise.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 11, 2014 -> 06:11 PM)
ADA bring nothing to this team in the 2014 season. He is not part of the future. Trade him.......cut him......it is best for ADA and the Sox. ADA is under .200 average with the same base running and fielding mistakes over and over it should not be too difficult to replace his worthless ass production wise.

Don't say that. Feeky swears he will get better..