Game Thread 5/12: SOX @ OAK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 04:51 AM)
We'll see which offense shows up on the West Coast, where baseballs typically go to the power alleys to die during mid-May night games.

I'm waiting to see if Robin's threat from last night is empty or just something minor like De Aza being benched for a day or 2.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 12, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)
We only have 1 cfer so ADA has to play. Doubt Garcia would unless it's an emergency.

Are the Sox at the point where an example should be made of someone like De Aza? DFA his ass and bring up Danks again. At least Danks is a better fielder and baserunner. And he's not much worse offensively. I realize this won't happen, but De Aza just looks bad this year. His baserunning is terrible (again), and his defense has been lackluster. And besides his hot start, he has been bad at the plate, too.

watching him stumble around on the first pop fly yesterday, at that point i was done. i give a lot of leash to players, and his leash finally has reached its end.

now watch him tear it up

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 12, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
watching him stumble around on the first pop fly yesterday, at that point i was done. i give a lot of leash to players, and his leash finally has reached its end.

now watch him tear it up

When I first saw that play, I thought De Aza was drunk, but then I realized a drunk could have easily caught that fly ball.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
I'm wondering if they would bring up Thompson. He can play CF correct? That would be interesting and probably a better option then De Aza and Sierra (when Eaton comes back)

That thought crossed my mind too even Mitchell just to make a point. But not very likely.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
That thought crossed my mind too even Mitchell just to make a point. But not very likely.

It would be interesting just to bring one of them up for a week or two and see how they fair.. Never know what you will get.. I know Mitchell has struggled in AAA a lot and on the fast track to being released but might as well give him a shot in the bigs, work with Steverson for a bit and see what happens. Batting 9th, trying to get on base and using his speed couldn't hurt too much..

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
It would be interesting just to bring one of them up for a week or two and see how they fair.. Never know what you will get.. I know Mitchell has struggled in AAA a lot and on the fast track to being released but might as well give him a shot in the bigs, work with Steverson for a bit and see what happens. Batting 9th, trying to get on base and using his speed couldn't hurt too much..

Yea they both have good eyes and take their walks. They both play good D . They both can run the bases without faceplants and tripping over their own spikes. Why not ? Get a little sniff to say this is what you get when you show us you're ready.