Game Thread 5/12: SOX @ OAK

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:10 PM)
Didn't Ventura say it was more about how he'd ask the players to approach things, as opposed to lineup changes?

"Something is going to happen. I don't know what yet, but something."

When asked if that something dealt with lineup changes, Ventura responded with "maybe."

"Just in the way you treat them and everything else," Ventura continued.

So pretty vague in actuality.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 12, 2014 -> 07:02 PM)
Sell high on De Aza? I swear some of you guys live in this bizarro world where either A. Other GMs are complete idiots that don't actually follow baseball, or B. You know more about baseball than GMs.

There was never a time to sell high on De Aza. :lol:

Dude no one is saying he had a lot of value just that he should have been dealt when his value was at it's highest. Again- not saying its high value but for him, it was his highest. Now, there is basically zero.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ May 12, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
Dude no one is saying he had a lot of value just that he should have been dealt when his value was at it's highest. Again- not saying its high value but for him, it was his highest. Now, there is basically zero.

At his highest, De Aza had a trade value of basically zero.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 12, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
He was hitting .280 with a .780 OPS on July 24th last year. Would've liked to see what the Sox could have gotten for him then.

Out of the contenders, who needed a middle of the road LF or CF?

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ May 12, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)

Injury prone journey men have no value worth talking about. There was never a time to sell high on De Aza.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2014 -> 07:54 PM)
Leury leading off against RHP is funny. Something has to be done about this outfield debacle.

I was reading this post just as Hawk was saying how "Kenny Williams was the best GM this franchise has ever had," which is just complete bulls***. But that aside, it made me laugh thinking about KW's 1st round pick of Jared Mitchell and the situation the outfield is in right now.