White Sox @ A's 9:05pm CT CSN

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:37 AM)
This is why there is no way you trade Alexei unless someone blows you away with a ridiculous offer.

This is exactly why you trade him....with a team very short on talent, you need to utilize assets that likely won't be on the team when they're ready to contend. Unfortunately, almost all of the trade chips have already been used.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
This is exactly why you trade him....with a team very short on talent, you need to utilize assets that likely won't be on the team when they're ready to contend. Unfortunately, almost all of the trade chips have already been used.

Then who plays SS for the next four years - Semien? You don't rebuild by trading your good players and keeping the mediocre. Now if someone will give you a potential top of the rotation starter, plus a powerhitting outfielder that can actually catch the ball,sure you make the trade. But you don't trade him for a bunch of suspects, or a flawed prospect.

Good shortstops who can hit, field and run are not easy to find.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:48 AM)
Then who plays SS for the next four years - Semien? You don't rebuild by trading your good players and keeping the mediocre. Now if someone will give you a potential top of the rotation starter, plus a powerhitting outfielder that can actually catch the ball,sure you make the trade. But you don't trade him for a bunch of suspects, or a flawed prospect.

Good shortstops who can hit, field and run are not easy to find.

I'll take my chances finding a suitable replacement if it means getting a big package in return for him. There's really no one else that can be realistically traded by the Sox that will bring anything decent in return.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)
I'll take my chances finding a suitable replacement if it means getting a big package in return for him. There's really no one else that can be realistically traded by the Sox that will bring anything decent in return.

I could agree with your line of thinking depending on the quality of the big package. For instance i would never trade him for a package of the equivalents of Avi Garcia, Leury Garcia, Matt Davidson, plus a couple of other low level prospects. If I'm trading a top level SS like Ramirez I want top level players in return.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:40 AM)
19 hits allowed in last 8.1 innings. I don't think he's going to be around much longer.

He gawn soon.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:48 AM)
Yay, more 2 out runs allowed. Well, Carroll will always have that Tampa victory to cherish.

I was thinking the same thing. It's like when Humber threw the no hitter. Didn't he immediately suck after that? Carroll obviously is not a good prospect. Bye bye soon.

Sox really stink right now. The A's are in a different league than the Sox. I know we've had injuries, so I'm not flaming, but we certainly are starting to play to preseason expectations.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2014 -> 05:07 AM)
Sox really stink right now. The A's are in a different league than the Sox. I know we've had injuries, so I'm not flaming, but we certainly are starting to play to preseason expectations.

Well yeah, we don't have 4 hitters in the offense right now playing out of their minds.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2014 -> 05:08 AM)
Sierra ... just another guy who has to go. Too bad some of those minor league outfielders that were high draft picks are bad

fixed it for you..there are no outfielders in the minors right now that project as starting MLB outfielders the next few years. Hawkins has the best chance, and he's years away.

Edited by fathom