White Sox at Athletics - 5/14 - 2:35 - CSN - Game 3 of 3

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
The line up is soooo different with him out.

I didn't want to hop in to the "Robin is an idiot" arguments, but I think I can see his mindset, where he'd rather just plug in some temporary players in leadoff and not mess with the players actually hitting in their lineup spots. I am not sold on it but I can understand it.

But with Eaton suddenly the lineup becomes "HELL YES WHITE SOX BASEBALL"

QUOTE (bmags @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
I didn't want to hop in to the "Robin is an idiot" arguments, but I think I can see his mindset, where he'd rather just plug in some temporary players in leadoff and not mess with the players actually hitting in their lineup spots. I am not sold on it but I can understand it.

But with Eaton suddenly the lineup becomes "HELL YES WHITE SOX BASEBALL"

Yeah, the big problem is, after Eaton, we have no leadoff hitter. When he isn't playing it is making the best of a bad situation.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 14, 2014 -> 11:03 AM)
When is Johnson and Sale coming back? Does that mean Noesi and Carroll are gone?

Handicapping as of today, I would say Carroll is out first, and Rienzo second. But I would also say that Johnson isn't going to return unless his velocity comes back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
Handicapping as of today, I would say Carroll is out first, and Rienzo second. But I would also say that Johnson isn't going to return unless his velocity comes back.

If Rienzo keeps giving the Sox 6 IP and 3ER I think that's good for a 5th starter. Not sure what happened to Carroll but that sorta sucks considering he showed a lot of promise.

The way the AL is going this year, the Sox had a decent chance of hanging in there for the 2nd wildcard late into the season...like a ton of teams.

With Sale missing 5 starts and going 1-4 in those games...plus Eaton being out an extended period...it's really tough to win games with this current roster. I'm not giving up on this team if they get those two guys back and they magically stay healthy the rest of the season. But they really need to get winning games...like now. Minimum 18-12 the next 30.

I could have sworn they said that Abreu was going to get today off so that he could have a few days off in a row to rest his ankle

QUOTE (flavum @ May 14, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
After 27 games, the Sox were on pace for 900 runs scored.

14 games later, they're on pace for less than 800.

Damn you, sample sizes!

All this means is 2 weeks from now they will be on pace for 1000

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
I could have sworn they said that Abreu was going to get today off so that he could have a few days off in a row to rest his ankle

All this means is 2 weeks from now they will be on pace for 1000

They said they would rest him today or Friday.. Guess they choose Friday

Edited by BigHurt3515