White Sox at Athletics - 5/14 - 2:35 - CSN - Game 3 of 3

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:18 PM)
We've trucked out lineups with Simien, Sierra, and Leury, sprinkled with De Aza. Lots of outs.

As the reality of the season starts to come more into focus, it hurts even more that Avi is out for the year and can't develop. I guess the struggles of this offense shouldn't be surprising, as it's basically the same cast of characters from last year besides Abreu.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)
Sox starting pitchers have got through 7 innings 7 games this season, and 3 of them are Sale.

That's pathetic.

Can't get greedy. I'm sure 6 IP and 2ER from Rienzo everytime out is a good QS. Sale is an ace.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)
Good stuff by Rienzo today. One bomb and one wind blown homer. Too bad he'll probably take the L.

No reason he can't be a 5th starter. I have more confidence in him being a MLB starter than Johnson.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)
Can't get greedy. I'm sure 6 IP and 2ER from Rienzo everytime out is a good QS. Sale is an ace.

Just saying, if you get only one game a week where a starter goes 7, that's terrible.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
Just saying, if you get only one game a week where a starter goes 7, that's terrible.

Yeah it's easy to b**** about that but look at this staff. Outside of Quintana and Sale, who has that potential?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
No reason he can't be a 5th starter. I have more confidence in him being a MLB starter than Johnson.

He works rather quick and has a mound presence. Wish his fastball was a little faster but oh well.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
I am trying to think of an Asian hitter who used to do it, but De Aza took his left foot (back foot) and stepped over his front foot in some sort of a running swing.

Beckham really seems to have more power this year. Lots of deep flyouts, just hit one way out foul and the the three homers of course.

Sounds like what Ichiro does and what Podsednik was doing years ago