White Sox @ Astros - 5/17 - 3:10 - WGN - Game 2 of 3

So Noesi still had 93-94 on those previous 2 pitches but they were both high, it kinda looked like he was overthrowing them to get that velocity, then he tried to throw more under control on the next pitch, it came out of his arm at 87 and flew 400 feet.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
Is that pitch he's throwing at 88 like supposed to be a 2 seamer?

I noticed that also, as he was throwing that high and outside to Fowler. I hope it's not supposed to be his change-up, which had been his best pitch with the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
I noticed that also, as he was throwing that high and outside to Fowler. I hope it's not supposed to be his change-up, which had been his best pitch with the Sox.

An 87 mph straight changeup with no sink would be a really weird pitch.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)

Fangraphs says he throws a fastball at 92, a slider at 87, a change at 86, and a curve at 79.

Maybe that's some kind of slider? There's just no break on it whatsoever today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
Fangraphs says he throws a fastball at 92, a slider at 87, a change at 86, and a curve at 79.

Maybe that's some kind of slider? There's just no break on it whatsoever today.

I would guess it's his change-up that he's overthrowing

QUOTE (flavum @ May 17, 2014 -> 09:36 PM)
Release Noesi.

Move Carroll to the pen.

Get Sale and Johnson back.

I think it's more likely Noesi goes to the bullpen. I have no problem if they sacrifice Noesi for one more start vs the Yankees, and then recall Johnson.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2014 -> 04:37 PM)
I think it's more likely Noesi goes to the bullpen. I have no problem if they sacrifice Noesi for one more start vs the Yankees, and then recall Johnson.

I don't know if I'd consider recalling EJ if his fastball is still topping out at 90.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 17, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
Release Noesi.

Move Carroll to the pen.

Get Sale and Johnson back.

I think the best place for first year pitchers to develop is as a long-reliever. I'd leave Carroll in the rotation and put Johnson as the long-reliever.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 17, 2014 -> 08:41 PM)
I think the best place for first year pitchers to develop is as a long-reliever. I'd leave Carroll in the rotation and put Johnson as the long-reliever.

Maybe Cooper can actually fix someone? :)

With that said, it would be great if someone steps up the rest of the way to earn a starting spot next season between Rienzo, Noesi, Johnson, Carroll.

Edited by fathom