Abreu to DL/Eaton Reinstated

Heads22

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 18, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Bad timing in the schedule to lose that bat--KC, NY, and Cleveland. Really need wins the next couple weeks.

Hope this is 15 days and doesn't linger the rest of the year.

Honestly, I don't care if they lose every game the next two weeks as long as Abreu's ankle substantially improves. Sox can't afford to have another big piece of the future out for a significant period of time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2014 -> 10:14 AM)
Honestly, I don't care if they lose every game the next two weeks as long as Abreu's ankle substantially improves. Sox can't afford to have another big piece of the future out for a significant period of time.

If it's a choice:

2 weeks and lose

or

2 months and tread water around .500....

I'll take 2 weeks and lose too.

Just sucks he's missing these two weeks...10 home games--gone.

Smart move Abreu way too important to the Sox future to risk in 2014. I hope he stays on DL until he can play pain free. Abreu should not have played in Houston series.

Edited by Soxfest

White Sox placed 1B Jose Abreu on the 15-day disabled list with posterior tibia tendonitis in his left ankle.

Abreu has been dealing with the ankle issue for over a week and was noticeably hobbled during Saturday's game. The good news is that he's only dealing with inflammation, so he should be ready to go when his 15 days are up. Paul Konerko and Adam Dunn will handle first base while Abreu is out.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2014 -> 05:36 PM)
That had nothing to do with it. I mentioned an upcoming DL stint for him a week ago.

Why not try and get by this weekend then and make it retroactive rather then risk it being worse?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
That had nothing to do with it. I mentioned an upcoming DL stint for him a week ago.

See my post in the Abreu thread, you have to believe in a pretty awesome acting job and conspiracy by everyone involved to believe that. Jose was seen my multiple media members visibly distraught post game. That doesn't sound like a guy that was told he'd be going on the DL far in advance.

People need to put down the Schneider cool aid, it's affecting common sense badly.