5/20- CWS @ KCR

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 20, 2014 -> 11:03 AM)
You should probably just bet everything you own on the Royals tonight

everything i own was lost last night when I bet the house on the Royals. People were fired, threats were made

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ May 20, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
I just made the mistake of looking up Gavin Floyd's stats this season.

Only 3 starts, but there's something in the water down there. Aaron Harang has been one of the best starters in the NL.

Now, re-read that last sentence and tell me if you know what the hell is going on.

Lineups:

Sox: Eaton 8, Beckham 4, Gillaspie 5, Viciedo 9, Dunn 3, Ramirez 6, Konerko DH, De Aza 7, Flowers 2; Rienzo 1

KC: Aoki 9, Escobar 6, Hosmer 3, Butler DH, Gordon 7, Cain 8, Valencia 5, Ciriaco 4, Hayes 2; Ventura 1

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 20, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
I just want to mention since I forgot last night, it was hilarious when Butler rolled over first base

I'm surprised it wasn't one of our guys... who then proceeded to suffer a season ending injury.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 20, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
I'm surprised it wasn't one of our guys... who then proceeded to suffer a season ending injury.

He hit the ground hard, There was an audible thud. I was laughing at the first base coach that was trying not to laugh in his face

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 20, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Lineups:

Sox: Eaton 8, Beckham 4, Gillaspie 5, Viciedo 9, Dunn 3, Ramirez 6, Konerko DH, De Aza 7, Flowers 2; Rienzo 1

KC: Aoki 9, Escobar 6, Hosmer 3, Butler DH, Gordon 7, Cain 8, Valencia 5, Ciriaco 4, Hayes 2; Ventura 1

Beckham and Viciedo were two of our weaker fastball hitters the last couple of seasons.

We'll see if can up with Escobar's stuff quickly enough.

Royals with no idea what to do with 3B/2B positions at the moment. Remember when Ciriaco went on a tear for the Red Sox in 2012?

Finally, it's always nice to see Salvador Perez out of the line-up when we face them. A bit strange they don't have a Spanish-speaking catcher for Ventura's starts, but maybe Hayes can speak it?

Indians destroying Verlander.

5-1...9 of the first 11 batters reached, including 6 in a row.

Santana got a rare hit and was deked into going for 2nd by Cabrera and got thrown out by a mile or it would have been 6-1.

Interestingly, the Tigers' announcers said that was Justin's best velocity of the year, around 95, whereas his last start was 89-91.

Edited by caulfield12