5/20- CWS @ KCR

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 20, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
In the past he has loved the toolsy picks after watching Sox with nothing to show for it he finally changed his tune.

Which toolsy picks are you referring to that he professed this love for? Mitchell? Borchard? I don't remember him particularly going crazy talking about either of them, but I could be wrong.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2014 -> 08:12 PM)
Hawk just said a high school pitcher is the worst draft choice in baseball.....UGH

If the Sox draft Aiken or Kolek, I want Hawk to say he hates the pick on June 6th. I have no problem with that opinion, but at least be consistent.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 20, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)
Which toolsy picks are you referring to that he professed this love for? Mitchell? Borchard? I don't remember him particularly going crazy talking about either of them, but I could be wrong.

Mitchell and Walker both most recently. He talked about it many times during the June broadcasts after they were drafted.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2014 -> 02:29 AM)
I'd love to hear some of you people slam your employers publicly with some odd thousands of people listening.

I have no problem with him not bashing the toolsy guys that have failed...just seemed odd they're being very critical of high school pitchers when it's very possible that's who they take with the #3 pick. We had heard those type of comments in the past by them though.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 20, 2014 -> 08:27 PM)

Hawk has been on the draft a baseball player kick for a while now. I think watching all these football players strikeout all the time got to him.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2014 -> 02:33 AM)
Hawk has been on the draft a baseball player kick for a while now. I think watching all these football players strikeout all the time got to him.

Well, their two first round picks from 2012/2013 have been very toolsy offensive players that strike out a ton :)

Edited by fathom