5/21- CWS @ KCR

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)
Can't believe we had 3 hits off of Guthrie.. Yost took him out at the right time. Robin did not take out Q at the right time

Well, a bunt with a 1-2 count ... what are you going to do?

How many times have you ever seen the White Sox pull that off successfully?

Japanese players know how to play the game properly better than anyone in the world, at least in terms of fundamentals.

With a runner on 1st on a flukey play and one out, it's not like Quintana was getting ripped all around the park.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
Well, a bunt with a 1-2 count ... what are you going to do?

How many times have you ever seen the White Sox pull that off successfully?

Japanese players know how to play the game properly better than anyone in the world, at least in terms of fundamentals.

With a runner on 1st on a flukey play and one out, it's not like Quintana was getting ripped all around the park.

I understand. I have already said my point twice in the last few pages so I won't repeat myself.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2014 -> 01:30 AM)
ADA is getting too many ABs

He's horrible. He really needs to be dumped for a bag of balls. I'd rather see anybody else out there than him with the exception of L. Garcia. He's horrible as well.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 22, 2014 -> 02:53 AM)
There is no way Petricka should have been first in relief.

He didn't seem to have anything out there but it actually could have been worse. Is it true Cooper and Robin got into it? Some poster mentioned that may have happened.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 21, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
He should have been told when he got to the ballpark that he was first in relief. Instead of pitching Danel Webb's well rested arm, we get Petricka in his third straight game. Petricka couldn't locate because he doesn't throw on three days straight. Can anyone come up with a rationale for using Petricka over Webb?

To learn if he had the resiliency and command/control to throw three consecutive games?

He had good velocity even tonight, that wasn't the problem.

We needed a pitcher who could force Butler to hit the ball on the ground, and that was probably Putnam...who Robin probably doesn't feel should be used up in tie game at this point.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2014 -> 10:53 PM)
To learn if he had the resiliency and command/control to throw three consecutive games?

He had good velocity even tonight, that wasn't the problem.

We needed a pitcher who could force Butler to hit the ball on the ground, and that was probably Putnam...who Robin probably doesn't feel should be used up in tie game at this point.

There is only one guy in the bullpen who should be used in a tie game, unfortunately. Have to go with whoever has the best chance to get what you are looking for. Petricka was the only one up at the beginning of the inning which was a mistake by Robin/Coop.. I said Putnam should have been used also, he gets the most ground balls and probably wouldn't of gave something to Butler to drive in to the outfield.. Petricka pitched the last two nights in high leverage situations, I understand he has been pretty good so far but still.. If anything he should have been put in after the bunt single by Aoki..