GAME THREAD 5/23 - WHAT'S YOUR VECTOR, HECTOR?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 23, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
Agree it's an unlikely scenario but I assure you it doesn't matter that Noesi has 0 options. The Sox aren't going to protect a 27 year old sudden journeyman who has shown little indication of turning into a quality starter over one of their own 25 year old prospects that has found nice success at the MLB level.

If Noesi shows something, if he gets moved out of the rotation, they will put him back in the bullpen. If he's trash, they can let him go.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ May 23, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
He's not a journeyman though. He spent almost his entire career with one team that gave up on him. He's a reclamation project, and years control matter more than age, and 27 is still young and still within the possibility of inclusion into our core.

He's definitely shown indication improvement. Whether he continues and progresses to the state Rienzo has been in lately we'll just have to see. But if he does you certainly just don't dump him in favor of someone you have options on. But again, this is all really unlikely. One of these 3 is probably not going to make it, and there's still always the possibility of someone else getting moved or especially going on the DL.

Every start for him could be the last of his major league career if he struggles. Journeyman, reclamation project, whatever you want to call it, the results have not been good at all. He's just about out of chances to succeed. Fortunately for him he found the perfect organization where starting pitching depth got very thin, very quickly. But even for the Sox, "settling down" after getting destroyed isn't going to cut it for showing improvement at the ML level where patience is thin. Hopefully he turns it around tonight, especially that I'm in the big boy seats. I want to see a good game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 23, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
Gordon completely whiffed on a double play to the bag before any run scored

Bingo. Not even a tough play either. Didn't show up as an error in the box score because he never got a glove on it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 23, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
Gordon completely whiffed on a double play to the bag before any run scored

I think you have the games mixed up.

In that game, Altuve led off with a sharp single and Springer tripled after him. Fowler walked and then Castro hit the homer.

Those are the 4 runs he gave up.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 23, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
I think you have the games mixed up.

In that game, Altuve led off with a sharp single and Springer tripled after him. Fowler walked and then Castro hit the homer.

Those are the 4 runs he gave up.

yea fathom pointed that out to me. forgive me for confusing back to back terrible first innings ;)

God I'm f***ing SICK of seeing Noesi and Carroll in the rotation. f*** this s***. Bring Johnson backup I don't care if he's getting lit up in AAA, let him learn on the job at least he's young.

Start stretching Webb out and try and make him a starter, try something else.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

6.26 ERA for Noesi in a Sox uniform, 16 ER in 23 IP.

23 IP/28 hits.

You'd have to think they would be more willing to try Petricka as a starter again, than Webb. But that's not even very likely.

Still think they will bring Hanson in before they get Erik Johnson hammered.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 23, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)
I wish the Sox had McCann.

Have you looked at his stats (this year) and contract?

Salty's deal is looking much better so far, comparatively.

Edited by caulfield12