Indians @ White Sox Game Thread 5/27

glangon

Since we won, I get to do another one of these :)

Chief Francona and his Tribe bring their Ace Justin Masterson (2-3) to the mound to face the might of the Ventura's White Sox who bring our Ace Chris Sale (4-0) to the mound.

The 1st pitch is at 7:10pm Central Time and will be shown on WCIU (or MLB TV for the out of towner like me)

Lets win Game 2, the series and get back to .500 tonight.

Let's Go White Sox

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get back to .500 again.

If there's one team Chris Sale hasn't pitched well against, it's the Indians.

3-4 4.76 ERA in 62.1 innings.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 27, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
.500 tonight fellas!!

Hitting the 1/3 mark tonight. 27-27 looks a lot better than 26-28.

Sale on the mound with his sweet moves. Get a Win.

No early game rain delays, please.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 27, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Swisher to the DL with a knee injury and Santana to the 7-day concussion list.

Bourn CF

Cabrera ss

Brantley lf

Raburn dh

Gomes c

Aguilar 1b

Murphy rf

Aviles 3b

Sellers 2b

Masterson p

Those make me happy.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 27, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
Swisher probably makes that short list with me as well.

Swisher, Vicente Padilla, A-Rod, probably missing a few. Torii Hunter is a great dude by all accounts but the Jamie Burke play from '04 made me despise him for years.

That was the all time dirty play. A pox on his house.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ May 27, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
i got this in the mail today(ttm), was very excited to see it :)

paulie

10409429_389034341235974_262605085231991

That is awesome!! I have a signed ball like that from Mark Buehrle then I have a world series photo I got signed by Paul Konerko when the White Sox were in St. Louis 2 years ago!

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 27, 2014 -> 06:51 PM)
That is awesome!! I have a signed ball like that from Mark Buehrle then I have a world series photo I got signed by Paul Konerko when the White Sox were in St. Louis 2 years ago!

thanks! do you collect other signed stuff, game used? always wondered if there were any collectors on here

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ May 27, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
i got this in the mail today(ttm), was very excited to see it :)

paulie

10409429_389034341235974_262605085231991

That is sweet! I bet you were excited to see it. It's really nice that you can actually read it too.

On the subject of game used, when I lived in Seattle a few years ago, I was at a game where Gavin Floyd beat the Mariners. He was awesome that night. After the last out (a strikeout) A J threw me the ball when he came back to the dugout. I took it to spring training and A J autographed it for me.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ May 27, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
thanks! do you collect other signed stuff, game used? always wondered if there were any collectors on here

No, I have an extended family member who knows someone who knew Buehrle from around the St. Charles area and they got it for me after I graduated high school. Then I was at all the games when they were in St. Louis and just got lucky with Paulie and I also got a hat signed by Viciedo and a ball signed from guys who aren't here or in AAA (Escobar, Jordan Danks, Reed)

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 27, 2014 -> 07:02 PM)
No, I have an extended family member who knows someone who knew Buehrle from around the St. Charles area and they got it for me after I graduated high school. Then I was at all the games when they were in St. Louis and just got lucky with Paulie and I also got a hat signed by Viciedo and a ball signed from guys who aren't here or in AAA (Escobar, Jordan Danks, Reed)

i love collecting, started really collecting more this year, especially avisail items. i have the game used pants (white) he wore last year, game used retro hat, batting gloves, cleats used to hit his 1st homerun with sox, tigers hat, tigers helmet, over 20 autos..and ill stop there haha just started collecting other sox now too. just have aj, sale ,pk, hector so far

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 27, 2014 -> 07:08 PM)
Anyone know how long of a rain delay?

on twitter so far, this is all ive seen

#WhiteSox first pitch is delayed because of rain in the area. No start time announced. Don't want to start Sale and then stop him. hayes