Indians @ White Sox Game Thread 5/27

glangon

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
I was reading an article about Dave Duncan who is doing something for th DBacks these days. Supposedly he is totally into advanced metrics, but one thing he totally ignores is head to head match ups. He thinks the sample sizes are too small. I actually am kind of shocked by this considering he was a weak hitting catcher. I don't think it took him many ABs to realize he had no chance against certain guys.

I'm sure Frank Thomas would love to tell him about Jeff Nelson; .161/.275/.194 line with 11 strikeouts in 40 ABs

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
PK rolling wrist weak groundout, multiple games and PK not going together very well.

Honestly I'd rather play Sierra in RF and DH Viciedo. That improves the defense and the offense. Not sure why Kong continues to start EVER against RHP.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (beautox @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
I'm sure Frank Thomas would love to tell him about Jeff Nelson; .161/.275/.194 line with 11 strikeouts in 40 ABs

Frank against Mussina was a different story. He had little league stats against him for a while, then couldn't touch him for a few years, then hit him hard again.

And the only reason the Sox signed Jeff Nelson was to get Frank when he returned to town with the A's. It didn't work out for KW.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
Honestly I'd rather play Sierra in RF and DH Viciedo. That improves the defense and the offense. Not sure why Kong continues to start EVER against RHP.

PK in back to back games is gassed just swinging the bat.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Usually you don't rearrange your lineup because of extremely small sample size stats against a particular pitcher

Are you saying the line up is fine because of the small sample size?? Because I can't remember when the line up has been Dunn-Ramirez-Viciedo in the 4-5-6 spots

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
The average length of games has increased 29 minutes the last 10 years. They are now 3:08 on average. If they don't do something about it, it will hurt the game.

He we agree on something. It's bad and something needs to be done.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2014 -> 08:19 PM)
Your job is to complain. Don't tell us what the line up should be so you won't be exposed. But tell us what an idiot a guy who knows a lot more than any of us do about baseball is.

Eaton-Beckham-Conor-Viciedo-Dunn-Ramirez-De Aza-Nieto-Garcia

Need to get as many lefties in as possible and it is a toss up between Viciedo and Konerko to start but I would go with Viciedo