2014 FIFA World Cup

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 09:28 PM)

Ehh, I'm not buying it. The Brazil game inflated the results. For me, 2010 Spain was more impressive not because of goal differential, but because you could never get the damn ball off them. Teams just conceded so much space because they couldn't possess the ball at all, and that meant teams just bunkered in. That Spain team and the Barcelona team (with a bunch of those Spanish stars plus Messi at his best) that won every trophy in similarly dominant fashion are the best teams I've seen by a wide margin to me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ready to buy it yet either, especially since that article just dismisses the 2002 Brazil team because of their group. That team was stacked and they are still the only team to go 7-0-0.

We might be seeing the start of another Spain type run here with Germany. But let's revisit this talk about best team ever if they win Euros 2016.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 13, 2014 -> 10:11 PM)
I'm not ready to buy it yet either, especially since that article just dismisses the 2002 Brazil team because of their group. That team was stacked and they are still the only team to go 7-0-0.

We might be seeing the start of another Spain type run here with Germany. But let's revisit this talk about best team ever if they win Euros 2016.

Agreed. And while their group may not have been the best Turkey actually made the semi finals that year where they lost to Brazil for the second time. But a perfect run, 18-4 goal differential while featuring Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Robert Carlos, etc. That team was just awesome.