WGN America dropping Sox, other Chicago sports

Heads22

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna lie, this makes me selfishly happy for the schadenfreude of it. New England is the only part of the country that doesn't get WGN America so every argument I have with friends about anything unrelated is always ended with "but we have WGN". Though I guess it hasn't affected me that much anyway because it forced me to pick up MLB.tv and I've never looked back.

Looks like I will not see many Sox games. It is a joke to live 90 miles straight south of Chicago and no way to see Sox play many games on tv. WGN and WCIU are my only lifelines, got mlbtv but blacked out even though I have no access to Comcast Sportnet Chicago. My cable company is based out of Missouri and I live in northern most point.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 30, 2014 -> 06:16 PM)
Looks like I will not see many Sox games. It is a joke to live 90 miles south of Chicago and no way to see Sox play many games on tv.

And it will probably be impossible to stream those games, even if you're willing to pay

Too bad. When I couldn't afford MLB.TV (when I was in middle school...) I used to love looking forward to WGN games here in Ohio.

Indians, Tigers, FOX, and ESPN feeds were convenient being in the central...but it was always nice to get the home feed back then.

Edited by woods of ypres

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 30, 2014 -> 06:16 PM)
Looks like I will not see many Sox games. It is a joke to live 90 miles straight south of Chicago and no way to see Sox play many games on tv. WGN and WCIU are my only lifelines, got mlbtv but blacked out even though I have no access to Comcast Sportnet Chicago. My cable company is based out of Missouri and I live in northern most point.

I want to feel bad for ya, but I don't understand any of this. How do you live 90 miles straight south of Chicago and your cable company is based in Missouri? And you live in the northern most point? I am not great with geography, but wtf.

Regardless, have you googled "how to bypass MLB.TV blackouts" or something similar? Might cost you a couple bucks for a reliable proxy, but would be worth it if you already have MLB.TV.

QUOTE (1dog @ May 31, 2014 -> 12:27 AM)
I want to feel bad for ya, but I don't understand any of this. How do you live 90 miles straight south of Chicago and your cable company is based in Missouri? And you live in the northern most point? I am not great with geography, but wtf.

Regardless, have you googled "how to bypass MLB.TV blackouts" or something similar? Might cost you a couple bucks for a reliable proxy, but would be worth it if you already have MLB.TV.

New Wave Communications bought the rights in my area that is how I get a cable company based out of Missouri. I get all the Cardinal games on Fox Sports Midwest. Only game in town. I had a buddy do the proxy with MLB.TV he got caught.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 31, 2014 -> 12:38 AM)
New Wave Communications bought the rights in my area that is how I get a cable company based out of Missouri. Only game in town. I had a buddy do the proxy with MLB.TV he got caught.

No kidding, caught by your cable co? What did they do? Just curious, I have never done it, but wanted to throw it out there.

I take it you can't get DirecTV or Dish? You would get CSN Chicago as your regional sports network at least.