Sox/Padres June 1 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
If Buehrle is done today, he's looking at 10-1, 2.10 on June 1.

His value is such he's worth every penny. Every pitcher should copy his fluid motion and how fast he works. They'd avoid the DL as he has. What a pro. If Sox had re-signed him would be a no brainer for best pitcher in Sox history.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
His value is such he's worth every penny. Every pitcher should copy his fluid motion and how fast he works. They'd avoid the DL as he has. What a pro. If Sox had re-signed him would be a no brainer for best pitcher in Sox history.

Ed Walsh says WTF!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
Even Ed Walsh would agree with me on that one.

Ed said read this Greg

Ed Walsh is the best White Sox pitcher of all time. The HOF pitcher’s stats are gaudy.

He stands third in WAR at 59.6. He is first in ERA with an incredible 1.81. He won 195 games while striking out 1,732 and tossed 249 complete games.

While those numbers are fantastic, they are not what make him the best White Sox starting pitcher of all time.

What makes him tops on this list are his 57 shutouts. That’s right, 57 complete-game shutouts set Walsh apart from every other pitcher who put on the uniform.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 08:46 PM)
Ed said read this Greg

Ed Walsh is the best White Sox pitcher of all time. The HOF pitcher’s stats are gaudy.

He stands third in WAR at 59.6. He is first in ERA with an incredible 1.81. He won 195 games while striking out 1,732 and tossed 249 complete games.

While those numbers are fantastic, they are not what make him the best White Sox starting pitcher of all time.

What makes him tops on this list are his 57 shutouts. That’s right, 57 complete-game shutouts set Walsh apart from every other pitcher who put on the uniform.

I said "If the White Sox had made the right decision and re-signed Mark" there would be no question as to who the best Sox pitcher in history was. He'd be racking up accomplishment after accomplishment still.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 02:55 PM)
I said "If the White Sox had made the right decision and re-signed Mark" there would be no question as to who the best Sox pitcher in history was. He'd be racking up accomplishment after accomplishment still.

Right and he still would not have been best pitcher in Sox history, even If he would of stayed is my point.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
Walsh had a pretty good 1908:

40-15, 1.42 ERA, 42 CG, 11 SHO, 6 SV, 464 IP, 56 BB, 269 K

That's like comparing LeBron James to some guy who played in 1930. It's different eras. Even you Walsh lovers would admit mark would be in the top two of all time, then, if he was still a Sox.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 08:06 PM)
I think Sale will be the best pitcher to put on a White Sox uniform when it is all said and done.

I LOVE Sale, but not in this era. Injuries.