June 2 Game Thread Sox vs Dodgers

Heads22

Oh well, they lost a game against one of the top pitchers in baseball. No shame in that. Hopefully the offense comes alive tomorrow, as they've got to start putting up more than 2 runs on a consistent basis again. Nice to have Abreu back!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 05:52 AM)
Sox lose 5-2...................This loss pissed me off more than any other this year because Sox gave LA 5 F'N runs. I feel so bad for Q. I would smack Beckham in the mouth after the game If I was Q.

Normally I'd blame the first guy, only. But geezus, Gillaspie made the worst mental error I've ever seen in a game (except for the Dybber vs. the O's in the playoffs). I mean, my god. He could have stopped and tagged Kershaw or ran to the base. You HAVE to blame Gillaspie as well. Beckham was miserable, don't get me wrong, but Gillaspie??? Horrific as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 06:06 AM)
Normally I'd blame the first guy, only. But geezus, Gillaspie made the worst mental error I've ever seen in a game (except for the Dybber vs. the O's in the playoffs). I mean, my god. He could have stopped and tagged Kershaw or ran to the base. You HAVE to blame Gillaspie as well. Beckham was miserable, don't get me wrong, but Gillaspie??? Horrific as well.

It wasn't even the worst mental error in a Sox game over the last 4 games (Maybin forgetting how many outs there were). It was a dumb play by Gillaspie, but who knows, he might not have even known how far Kershaw was from the bag. It's not like he was only a few feet from the bag, and it wasn't exactly a rocket hit to him.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 06:20 AM)
I think Kershaw being so far from the bag caused the error. Gillaspie realized he should be running to third mid-throw and didn't follow through with a good throw. Dumb error either way

Exactly, and it also look like he might have short-armed the throw cause he didn't want to hit Kershaw running in front of him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 05:21 AM)
Exactly, and it also look like he might have short-armed the throw cause he didn't want to hit Kershaw running in front of him.

I don't get you guys. You field the ball and jog to the bag. Elementary. It was a huge gaffe.