White Sox vs. Dodgers game #2

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
One of the most frustrating games of the year yesterday hopefully team can bounce back tonight.

It sure as hell was - and of course - I was there. :(

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 02:50 PM)
Haren is a magician. It doesnt make sense for him to remain successful with the amount of velocity he has lost

He was filthy over his final 15 starts last year (and 1 relief appearance) - .228/.271/.355/.626, 3.29 ERA, 8.6 K/9, 1.8 BB/9, 0.9 HR/9, 1.05 WHIP. Not quite the same as this year, but it's been close.

He is command is still phenomenal and he mixes his fastball, cutter, and splitter well enough that he can get away with the few mistakes he makes, except to guys like Abreu.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
Mark Buehrle anyone?

Um, no. Buehrle always sat in the high 80s. Haren used to be mid to high 90s and now throws about as hard as Buerhrle.

Haren was absolutely devastating when he was with St Louis and Oakland

Eaton CF Beckham 2B Abreu 1B Dunn LF Ramirez SS Gillaspie 3B Viciedo RF Flowers C Noesi P

Gordon 2B Ethier CF Puig RF Ramirez SS Gonzalez 1B Kemp LF Figgins 3B Butera C Haren P

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 06:28 PM)
I would rather have Gillaspie batting 3rd still and have Abreu batting clean up.. Better chance more people are on base for him

I'd rather he take Beckham's spot at #2. Shouldn't better hitters with higher OBP hit higher in the lineup? Am I missing something?