(30-30, 13-16 away)

Dodgers

(31-29, 13-18 home)

10:10 PM ET, June 4, 2014

Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, California

Starting Pitchers

Chicago: Danks (3-5, 4.66 ERA)

Los Angeles: Beckett (3-2, 2.52 ERA)

Finally off work. Ready for the series win tonight Sox!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Danks is coming off of two pretty solid outings; one in which he was absolutely robbed of a win, and another in which he was just barely outdueled. Beckett racked up a huge pitch count in his last outing (2 ER in 5 IP). Should be an interesting matchup. If the Dodgers' clutch hitting keeps on falling through, Danks definitely has a shot. Would be nice to see him with a recovery win right after Nieto got his (although admittedly not quite as dramatic as a two year gap).

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
Lineups

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/4743024...3323904/photo/1

Eaton--2 hits and a walk, please.

Why is De Aza batting 6th? Wouldn't you want him batting as little as humanely possible?

Also, Beckett is a righty. Why isn't Gillaspie in there? I wish Leury could play the OF lol.

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:37 PM)
Why is De Aza batting 6th? Wouldn't you want him batting as little as humanely possible?

Also, Beckett is a righty. Why isn't Gillaspie in there? I wish Leury could play the OF lol.

he can

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
Danks is coming off of two pretty solid outings; one in which he was absolutely robbed of a win, and another in which he was just barely outdueled. Beckett racked up a huge pitch count in his last outing (2 ER in 5 IP). Should be an interesting matchup. If the Dodgers' clutch hitting keeps on falling through, Danks definitely has a shot. Would be nice to see him with a recovery win right after Nieto got his (although admittedly not quite as dramatic as a two year gap).

BTW, hey Chris, it's Jose.

Yeah, Leury can play OF actually. He can even pitch. Given that Eaton is in CF, would there really be that big of a difference between him and De Aza defensively?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
BTW, hey Chris, it's Jose.

Hola Señor

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 04:37 PM)

It would be 'humane' if Sox cut De Aza.

I know Flowers has been hitting HRs recently but I kind of love Nieto's numbers this year in his small sample size and wouldn't mind seeing him @ DH this month VS lefties rather than Paulie for a couple games to see if he's legit.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
I know Flowers has been hitting HRs recently but I kind of love Nieto's numbers this year in his small sample size and wouldn't mind seeing him @ DH this month VS lefties rather than Paulie for a couple games to see if he's legit.

Ya he's in need of some ABs

Humanely...funny, especially since my class is watching "Of Mice and Men" today.

And it was Noesi, not Nieto.

By the way, the Tigers are losing again, 6-2 to the white hot Blue Jays.

That would be 4-11 over their last 15 games (they were 27-13, which was their best start since 1984 or 87 or whatever the year was that Hernandez won MVP and Cy Young).

Not quite panic city like in St. Louis, because of the lack of divisional competition, but getting nearer to full meltdown time, especially Nathan.

Just recalled top SS Eugenio Suarez from AA to take the place of Romine/Worth as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 05:55 PM)
The real question is: where will the Sox hang out tomorrow? My goal is to find Gordon Beckham, steal a lock of his hair, and start a cult.

Baconation