White Sox @ Angels 9:05 CT CSN

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:59 PM)
Eh, its not hindsight when you tell the people you are with that he shouldn't come out and then he does and gets hammered. Sorry I didn't post it on here?

I told my dog that Sale would give up a grandslam to Mike Trout tonight and that the Sox would lose. See, I knew we should have never started Sale. I knew it would end this way. Saw it all the way. RV is stupid for ever starting Sale against this team. He just got off the DL for the love of god!

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:53 PM)
And then leaves RHP to face Hamilton. Have a game Robin

And is he brought in Scott Downs people would still probably b****.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:06 AM)
If he hadn't been on the DL for a whole month because of his elbow I would be fine with him throwing that many pitches... it really isn't even about the pitch count. It was about the situation on the field

It's its 5th start since coming off the DL...When do you take the kid gloves off?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:10 AM)
Another heartbreaking loss. Lets see how they respond, as they have responded quite well after previous tough losses.

Q will labor all day and get smoked. You can see it a mile away.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:08 PM)
That was quick

I don't think there was any doubt they were going to fold after Trout's ball cleared the wall...

Oh well, right now we have about 1/2 of a starting outfielder for next year in Eaton, they're clearly more than a move or two from fighting for the WC.

And, no matter what is said about this game later on, it probably wouldn't have happened if not for Alexei's error there that really gave the Angels life and quickly made the comeback seem quite possible.

We were talking about a complete game during the 7th. If Robin takes him out after the 7th and the bullpen that you've all despised for most of the year gives up 6, I bet we have people calling that a sackable offence too. He left him out too long in the 8th, but s***. It's Chris Sale. He got a groundball off Cowgill that should have been a double play, and I thought he had Kendrick struck out.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:11 PM)
I told my dog that Sale would give up a grandslam to Mike Trout tonight and that the Sox would lose. See, I knew we should have never started Sale. I knew it would end this way. Saw it all the way. RV is stupid for ever starting Sale against this team. He just got off the DL for the love of god!

It was fine for him to go out for the 8th.

But leaving him in after Ramirez's error was just dumb. Having Petricka, a fastball pitcher, match-up with Josh Hamilton, their hottest hitter in recent weeks...was just dumb, as well.

They should have used Putnam, who has the type of movement and slower stuff to give Hamilton fits.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:14 PM)
We were talking about a complete game during the 7th. If Robin takes him out after the 7th and the bullpen that you've all despised for most of the year gives up 6, I bet we have people calling that a sackable offence too. He left him out too long in the 8th, but s***. It's Chris Sale. He got a groundball off Cowgill that should have been a double play, and I thought he had Kendrick struck out.

The Angels' announcers were saying the only place to get an out there was Ianetta at 2nd base. Cowgill runs too well.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 11:14 PM)
It was fine for him to go out for the 8th.

But leaving him in after Ramirez's error was just dumb. Having Petricka, a fastball pitcher, match-up with Josh Hamilton, their hottest hitter in recent weeks...was just dumb, as well.

They should have used Putnam, who has the type of movement and slower stuff to give Hamilton fits.

One complaint about Ventura that I will agree with is that he seems to manage the bullpen by ERA. He was putting in Cleto in high-leverage situations despite awful peripherals, and now Petricka is his go-to guy despite the fact Putnam has been clearly better.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:11 AM)

Ok now you're overboard.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:14 AM)

Well said.

Sale pitched 110+ pitches 17 times last year, 115+ 8 times, 120+ 3 times....This is his 5th start since coming off the DL, at some point you take the kid gloves off and you let Chris Sale be Chris Sale.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:11 AM)
And is he brought in Scott Downs people would still probably b****.

It's its 5th start since coming off the DL...When do you take the kid gloves off?

It was his 4th start off the DL. and one of those starts he only threw 40 pitches because of the rain..

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:22 AM)
It was his 4th start off the DL. and one of those starts he only threw 40 pitches because of the rain..

I was counting his minor league start as well....He's been healthy enough to pitch for 5 starts now....At what point do you think they should take the kid gloves off and let him go back to being the guy that can give you 110+ pitches on a regular basis?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:29 AM)
I was counting his minor league start as well....He's been healthy enough to pitch for 5 starts now....At what point do you think they should take the kid gloves off and let him go back to being the guy that can give you 110+ pitches on a regular basis?

With his elbow issues he has had in the past I don't think he should be going over 110 pitches on a regular bases unless it isn't a stressful 110 pitches..

That isn't really the point with this game. I am not upset he threw so many pitches or even came out for the 8th inning. But after the first 1 or 2 guys reach base he should have been taken out, end of story..

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:35 AM)
With his elbow issues he has had in the past I don't think he should be going over 110 pitches on a regular bases unless it isn't a stressful 110 pitches..

That isn't really the point with this game. I am not upset he threw so many pitches or even came out for the 8th inning. But after the first 1 or 2 guys reach base he should have been taken out, end of story..

And todays 110 wasn't stressful whatsoever.

Meh, he still pitched well enough to where he should have been out of that inning after 1 run. That ground ball to Lexi had double play written all over it and I still think Kendrick swung at that 3rd strike.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:54 AM)

Meh, he still pitched well enough to where he should have been out of that inning after 1 run. That ground ball to Lexi had double play written all over it and I still think Kendrick swung at that 3rd strike.

The last 20 or so pitches were very stressful and I wouldn't doubt if we here a "we are skipping his next start with elbow soreness"

Trust me, I believe that too but it isn't what happened.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 05:54 AM)

Ramirez not getting the ball out of the glove for an error on a potential DP and the blown call by the ump were huge./ I also was quite stressed over the dismal 4 strike out performance by Abreu.